Chapter 1

Disclaimer! I don't own Harry Potter or the Chronicles of Narnia! Me no own, you no sue.

Previously, Severus stood from his chair and placed his quill down on his desk. The former Death Eater took a breath before speaking.

"Salazar Slytherin met a woman by the name of Eliza Noble shortly after his disappearance. Their courtship was brief, but it is likely that they truly did hold affection for one another. They were wed and had two children. Silas Mage Slytherin and Persephone Slytherin.

"Their bloodlines continued but have mostly died off. Thomas Marvalo Riddle is the descendant to Salazar Slytherin through Silas.

"Persephone eventually married into the Prince family. You and I are the last of the Prince line. As such, you, the Dark Lord, and I are the last descendants of Salazar Slytherin."

Lucy sat, shocked, but it did make sense. Not all snakes were from Narnia, yet she understood all of them, and that was only one of the aiding evidences that her father's words were true.

"Can you speak to snakes?" Lucy asked suddenly but quietly.

"Yes." Severus confessed.

"When you called Harry and myself to your office, you knew what Harry said to the snake, but you wanted to know how or if he knew how. You knew why I could speak to snakes, but you didn't tell me." Lucy whispered.

Severus knelt before his daughter. "There was no proof that the Dark Lord would return, and I did not want you to suffer from having the knowledge that you have Salazar Slytherin for an ancestor and in a way, related to the Dark Lord himself."

"You're related to the man who killed the woman you loved." Lucy softly stated.

"Yes." Severus confirmed.

"You didn't want me to know, in case he killed you." Lucy presented her idea.

He nodded in confirmation.

That was all the prompting she needed to wrap her arms around his neck and give her father a hug. The said parent, although usually reserved when it came to physical affection held no qualms with holding his little girl in his arms. "I love you."