Chapter 1

The North Palace was crowded, and there wasn't much space to move around. Christmas was coming, and faster than everyone thought. North sighed seeing about the hundredth letter asking for a blizzard. He knew the atmosphere would create snow, but nothing like Jack used to. He walked around, ordering the yetis to paint toys, change designs and work faster. Although it was a full month till Christmas, North like to be prepared. 

He walked outside to check on his reindeer. He stopped in his tracks when a strong, freezing breeze blew over the palace. He looked out over the horizon in confusion. The wind had been sulking ever since Jack disappeared. He didn't know it could produce such strong winds without Jack. He shook himself out of his trance and went back to checking the reindeer. 

A yeti stomped up behind him, shouting about something. North turned and sighed, seeing Phil flapping his arms around wildly. 

"What is it Phil?"He asked exasperatedly, "I can't understand you when you talk like that." He rolled his eyes, he was probably coming to complain about something. 

The yeti explained his problem slower, making sure to illustrate with his hands. North's eyes widened as his explanation continued. Phil told him that there was blizzard activity around the Burgess area. That couldn't be a coincidence, it had to be Jack. 

"Phil go call the others." He ordered, pointing to the tower where the Northern lights spawned from. 

North rushed back into the lobby of his palace, knowing the Guardians would all be there shortly. He grabbed his coat and turned only to see Tooth fly in through an open window. He waited for the rest of the Guardians to join them before telling them the news. Bunny arrived last, shivering from the cold. North tried to hand him a blanket but he refused.

"Just tell us what this is about, mate." Bunny said through shivers.

"Yeah," Tooth agreed, "Why did you call us here?" Sandy nodded as well, and a question mark appeared above his head. 

North paced around the room before finally turning to them, "It could be nothing." He sighed and took a deep breath, "Well ... You see, Phil told me that there was a lot of blizzard activity happening up in Burgess. And ... you know, I thought..." He trailed off, staring at the ground.

"It's most likely not him, mate." Bunny said matter of factly.

Tooth looked at him accusingly, "But it could be ... You never know." 

North sighed and listened to the argument that had just been started. He rolled his eyes and continued pacing, trying to come up with a plan. He was about to turn around and shout at the pair to shut up, but he was cut off by the sound of a window slamming open. 

All the Guardians turned towards the noise, eyes wide. When nothing happened, North walked over to shut it. Just as North pushed the window back into place, a pale foot pushed it back open. 

North gasped and jumped back, watching as the foot stepped into the palace, revealing a whole person. He looked familiar, but different all the same. His hair was still its frosty white color, his irises still crystal blue. But his eyes appeared to hold more knowledge than they did before, his gaze looked older. He also had snakes of black ink traveling up his neck and wrapping around his ear. All the Guardians stared awestruck. 

"What did I miss?" Jack asked playfully, a hint of a smile on his pale lips.