1-Mulan

Chapter One

Mulan POV

"Remember Mulan. Punching is not all about strength. It's about being smart with your fist." My father, Hanzo Hasashi, informed.

He was training me in Dojo 12. The one that my mom favored. At least, that's what daddy told me.

I nodded my head and tried the move he was teaching me again. I loved training. It means that I get one step closer to being like mom.

My dad told me she was an amazing fighter and could beat the whole Shirai Ryu if she wanted to.

I wish I could formally meet her. Daddy told me she died in an accident. I decided not to pry onto those details. My father really loves her.

Our training session was interrupted though because the messenger walked up to dad. "Master Hasashi, Takahashi Kenshi wants to speak with you, urgently." The messenger told him. Dad nodded his head.

"Mulan. Come with me." He said. I did what he told me. We both walked to a large training area. Many warriors were training with each other in there.

I saw Oji-san (uncle) Kenshi standing near the central building. Sometimes we get visits from Oji-san Kenshi.

Dad walked closer to them. I followed. As we were walking closer and closer to Oji-san, I noticed that someone else was with him.

Someone who appeared to be my age was standing right beside him with a fearful look on his face. From the looks of it, it seemed like he was going through a lot.

He looked at me and suddenly looked more relieved. I was probably the first kid he'd seen in a while. I don't know. I could be wrong.

I looked up at Oji-san. He had a stressed look written on the face. I was confused about what was going on. "Takahashi." Dad greeted briefly. Kenshi nodded.

"Sensei Hasashi." He responded also very brief. Something he had to say seemed very urgent. 

He placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "This is my son, Takeda." He revealed. WHAT!! Oji-san has a son?!

I was very surprised. So was dad. He folded his arms and stared directly into his eyes. "You don't have a son," Dad responded bluntly.

"Well, apparently I do. I just found out. His mother....got into a bad accident. I really do want to be there for him right now, however, I can't. I have business to take care of regarding the Red Dragon." He explained. I could tell this was some serious business by the atmosphere.

I looked at Takeda again. His mom died. Something we could relate to.
He had a sad expression on his face.

"I want him to stay here in the Shirai Ryu. Train like one." He announced without any jokes like he always did.

Takeda has been going through a lot as I see, maybe I could become his friend. Since he'll be training in the Shirai Ryu, I might as well become his friend. It's really hard to make friends here in the Shirai Ryu. Especially since dad doesn't let me near anyone.

"I'll do what I can. Those matters are important." Father responded. Inside I jumped for joy, I could finally make a friend.

"Thank you, Hanzo. I am deeply grateful." Oji-san bowed. Father did the same. I glanced at Takeda again. He most definitely looked scared. I would be too. Shirai Ryu is known for intimidation. My father is most definitely an example.

I know how he trains them.

Oji left leaving his son behind. That seemed....wrong to me. There was something he wasn't telling. I wonder what it is?

I looked at Takeda again. He was looking down at the ground awkwardly. I decided this was my chance to introduce myself.

"Hi, my name is Mulan!" I greeted as happily as I can. I sported a cheeky smile and stretched my hand out for him to shake. I was trying to lighten up the mood.

He stared at my hand like I had some kind of disease. A heavy feeling was starting to form in my chest. My smile was slowly falling. I was about to put my hand down before he reached out and held it.

My smile widens again. We shook hands and bowed. I was glad that he returned the gesture.

"Nice to meet you." He spoke rather softly. He also sported a small smirk. But I was definitely satisfied with this. It could be the start of a friendship.

"Hm. Takeda." My father started with a deep intimidating voice. Takeda looked up at him. I could have sworn I saw him tremble.

"You will be trained personally by me and along with Mulan," Dad announced with a serious expression on his face. I turned to look at Takeda again. He seemed to be uneasy.

I really hoped that maybe he would like it here. What Oji-san did seemed very inhumane.

But what do I know? I'm just a kid.