3-Mulan

5 years later...

"Fight!"

Fox and Takeda launched at each other as soon as the word slip from my father's mouth. Fox was determined to take him down, but Takeda held back.

After being here for just 5 years, you'll still have to get used to the brutal training you have to do.

Takeda threw the first punch but it came off too short. Fox grabbed his arm and twist it back and punched him in the face. Takeda yelped in agony. But then he used his left fist to punch him in the stomach. He did it successfully.

I watched their fight attentively. I have a skill of reading people well. From only this battle, I could learn their style of fighting, their tricks, and their skill (if they have any at all). 

Takeda was the only male I met that change up his fighting style but lacked the skill. Fox is very skillful but never changed up his fighting style. Anyone that continuously fight him could beat him, but will have to have a higher skill level.

 Fox isn't necessarily a friend of mine, but I do know him well.

Seeing battles gave me an adrenaline rush. I couldn't fight anyone yet because my dad says I'm not ready. But what left me confused was the fact that only a few months of training, Takeda got into 39 fights. However, I never questioned my father's authority.  I assume he knows what he's doing.

The fight continued. I watched Takeda and Fox's every move. I was disappointed that Takeda couldn't see the predictable hits, but I knew that he would get better sooner or later.

Takeda did grow handsomely and I do admire the fact that he picked up so quickly. 

A smile crept on my face. Takeda and I became the best of friends in these last five years. I may have developed a couple of feelings here and there but it'll past over. Hopefully.

My mind soon drifted along another person, my mother. 

Father didn't tell me much about her. He only told me that she was a very strong warrior and the most beautiful woman he ever met. He also told me that I look exactly like her, but one unmissable feature made me look different. 

 She was a hybrid of the most vicious race of Tarkatan and one of the most beautiful race of Edenians.  I kinda figured that out because of my aunt, Kitana.

And my beautiful cousin, Katara or Snow, (her code name). 

I'm mixed with Japanese, Edenian, and tarkatan. And something else since my father showed me his ability. 

But I don't really know how to use it.

"Mulan." My father called upon me soft but stern, snapping me from my thoughts. I walked over to his side quickly. "Yes, otou-san?" I asked politely. He still kept his eye on the battle that was taking place in front of him. 

"Are you aware of what is going on with Takeda?" He asks me flatly, but I heard the hint of concern. I was confused though, not seeing what was wrong.

That's when he turned around to look at me and spoke in the most serious voice I have ever heard. And that says a lot.

"I want you to train with him." 

What?

----------

I stood in Takeda's room in thought as I tended to his wounds. I was so scared of this outcome of this fight and it was only in a few days!! Surely Takeda wouldn't have enough time to heal, let alone fight again!

"What did sensei tell you?" Takeda asked , interrupting my thoughts. I sighed heavily. It wasn't that this wasn't a great opportunity to show father that I am ready to fight--I'm just afraid to show him what I don't want him to see. 

"Mulan, are you okay?" My friend tilts his head to look at my troublesome face. I shake my head and give him a small smile. "Yes, I'm fine." I squeezed the cloth of blood and water. "Fox must have did a number to you." I mumbled, putting the cloth to his face so I could clean the blood off his temple. He chuckled. 

"I'm jealous of you, Mulan." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and paused in my tracks. He continued. 

"You don't have to fight." He explained, dissolving my confusion. To that I chuckled nervously. "Yeah, about that...." 

His eyes widen. "Wait, you get to fight now?!" His face wrinkled up in confusion. I nodded my head slowly. "It's not just that."

"I would have to battle with.....you." I said. There was a long moment of silence where he just sat there. 

The reason why this was such a big deal is because we have to fight as if it is to the death, but we don't kill each other. It's just how father trains his pupils. He believes that in a real scenario, it will make them stronger.

I agree with him one hundred percent.

However, I didn't want to beat Takeda up.

"Oh, it can't be that bad. You finally got what you wanted and--." Takeda paused when I gave him the knowing look. 

"I'm a hundred percent sure that I am going to disappoint my father."

Takeda scoffed. "You're not going to disappoint your father. You almost beat him. Twice!" he says, exaggerating his hand moments and then wincing from his hurt arm.

I nodded in the direction of this bad arm. "Yeah, and how do you think you'll beat me with that."

"Think high of me mumu."

____________________________

Sorry for not updating in years. But I promise I'm gonna get back at it!

Also it's a little short, but it'll get longer.