10- The Truth

Hiro P.O.V.

Who was this woman?

That military hat covered her light blue eyes but I could tell she was studying us. The terrified look on my mother's face made me more worried.

"I believe we met already Mrs. Rebecca Kiyama." She said while tipping her hat. My mom face grew paler, if possible.

I was beyond confused. They...met before? And Kiyama? My mother's last name is Goldmen.

"May I help you?" I spoke up. She finally took off her hat, and stared at me. "Wow, spit image." She muttered under her breath. She stretched out her hand for me to shake. I was still very confused but I shook her hand.

"It is nice to finally meet you, Hiro Hasashi." She beamed.  Uhhh, how did she know my name?

I looked to my mom for answers but she was still frozen. "Mom, what's going on? Who is this woman?" I asked. She looked at me, tears welling in her eyes. "I'm so sorry Hiro."

Now I felt uneasy.

"Mom...." I tried to say loud and proud, but it only came out as a whisper. All of a sudden, my dad walks into the house. He seemed happy at first but as soon as he seen that woman, he froze just like how my mom was.

Finally, the lady spoke up again. She cleared her throat before asking, "Are you aware of your adoption?"

My heart sank in my stomach. This can't be true. Someone is messing with me. I looked to my parents again to tell me what I know is true. My dad looked down at the floor and my mom made her way towards me.

"My gift from God...." She placed her hands on my cheeks. Tears were streaming down her face. I don't remember seeing her cry this much. "...I swear I love you so much, my son. But...but I'm not your mother."

I didn't know what to think. Everything that I ever knew was a lie. All those people who told me I didn't look like my parents. All those people who questioned my last name. That should've been a sign. I took a step back from my "mom" or Rebecca.

I was just dumbfounded, nothing came out of my mouth. But I felt the hot tears on my cheeks.

I was so shocked by the news that I didn't know my dad left the room. I only noticed when he came back. I spotted a small gold box in his hand. He instantly handed it to me.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to think. All I could do was stare at the box. I didn't know what to expect.

I opened it slowly with a shaking hand. There was a small dark red sack sitting beside a rolled up piece of paper. I glanced at my "parents".

What is this?" I questioned. Even I could feel the bitterness in my tone. They both looked at the box. "Go on," was all my dad could say.

I took in a deep breath and rolled open the paper.

___________________________

Earthrealmers,

I hand you my only child. He's my light, my hope and I can't afford for him to be dimmed by my darkness. He has the name of Hiro Hasashi. I named him after my lover who has left me. Hopelessness seeps deep inside my heart and now I ask of you to protect him. Just please, raise him right in your world. He deserves better than what I can give him.
I left some riches that may benefit his life and possibly yours.

Sincerely, Mileena Kahnum.
_____________________

Mileena Kahnum.

Mileena is my real mother's name.

She gave me away. Gave me away to liars! Did she never visit? Did she care at all??!

"Now I'm here to take you to Master Hasashi. He'll be ecstatic to fin—." "Y'all kept this away from me for 18 years?" I mumbled at first, interrupting the General. I was just fueled with anger at this point.

"Hiro, me and your mother were trying to protect you." That man stepped in. "YOU ARE NOT MY PARENTS!!" I shouted. They looked hurt. I didn't care.

They kept this away from me. I knew there was something wrong with me. I stared at the note once more. All of that anger and pain filled my heart. I'm not wanted.

I watched as the paper engulfed in flames in my bare hands.

The liars looked at me in horror as I took a step closer to them. General Blade stood in between us. "Hiro, I'm going to ask you to calm down." She requested. She placed a hand on my chest. I nearly laughed in her face. Calm down?

"I just found out that my life is a lie and you want me to calm down!" I pushed her out of the way and tried to leave.

"I need back up. Code red." Was all I heard before at least a dozen officers surrounded the premises with guns.

I looked over my shoulder to look at that blonde lady. I took a deep breath in and then out. I could feel the anger getting the best of me. It wasn't safe to be around other people. "I need to go." I said calmly. "I'm sorry but I can't let that happen."

I exploded. I hurled a flaming ball towards an officer. Thankfully, he moved before it could hit him. Unfortunately for me, they all tried to jump on top of me.

The last thing I seen was red.

Hello 👋🏽
I'm back with another update. I hope you guys enjoy it and thank you all for being patience!

P.s I changed the letter Mileena wrote because I felt like it was a little too outdated.