4- Hiro

What if I told you my entire life was a lie?

I was the boy who physically didn't look like the only parents I know. I was the boy who has so many issues I can never explain.

And my parents hid everything away.

"Get up!" He demanded. I stood on all fours, wincing in pain, but would not give up. He saw this and kicked me one more time in the abdomen. I coughed up blood. I remembered that pain. The 3 brothers staring down at me like eagles stare at their prey. "Wow! You really are pitiful! You have an MMA fighter as a dad and a martial arts teacher as a mom and neither one taught you how to fight." One of them teased before grabbing my head and smashing my face into the dirt and blood.

They tied my hands behind my back with a thick rope. I could feel my circulation cut off in that area.

They took off my shirt and put something cold and hard, come in contact with my bareback. "I'll teach you respect." The "leader" announced. The cold metallic feel became sharp and painful.

"N-no please!" I cried out, trying to pry from the ropes. I felt the skin on my back split open with every slash of the knife.

One of them pulled on the rope and tightened it up. "Shut up and hold still!"

I struggled some more but with no avail.

From there, I blacked out.

All I could feel was fire as if I was engulfed in flames.

But it didn't burn.

There was something that ignited inside of me. Something that changed me.

I couldn't feel nor hear anything else.

All except:

"IT BURNS!!"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Just 5 more minutes," I mumbled to no one as I slammed hand on the alarm. 5 minutes can easily turn to 10 minutes and 10 minutes can easily turn into 20.

I was late.

Again.

That was enough to get me out of bed.

"Shit!" I climbed out of bed, got dressed, and rushed inside the kitchen.

My mother was sitting finishing up breakfast and my father was drinking coffee. They both were watching the kitchen TV.

Mom glanced at me and sighed. "Late again, Hiro," She says, pulling out a cooked toaster strudel.

I ran over to her and kissed her on the cheek. "Sorry, mom. Tomorrow, I'll wake up on time!" I promised.

"Bye, dad." I waved before running out the door, hopped in my car, and headed off to where I dreaded the most.

School.

---

I walked into class with a tardy pass that I bought from Victor, my best friend.

"Third time this week Mr. Hasashi." Mr. Gordan warned. I smiled uneasily. "My bad?"

He glared at me. "Sit down."

I turned around and scanned the room for Victor. His seat was located on the far side of the room. Farthest away from mine.