Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I found Percy swinging a sword at the dummies. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

"Am I losing my touch?" He takes a break.

"With fighting? Or with girls?"

"I don't know." He looked so down and sad. He ran his fingers through his hair and I noticed his grey streak.

"Percy. Just think of all the things you have accomplished. It doesn't matter, if you are, losing your touch now. Nothing is going to happen to us other than an occasional monster attack. You have people who have your back and an awesome girlfriend."

He looks at me searching my eyes, trying to see if I'm lying. "gods you are ugly." He blurts out a grin forming on his face.

I feel my eyebrows go up into a look that said, 'oh really?' "I look just like you but in girl form."

"Nu uh! I'm so much sexier. Oh and I have a grey streak in my hair."

"Uh no and what does the grey streak have to do with anything."

"It makes me look sophisticated and intelligent."

I glare at Percy. My eyebrows go up even farther. "Percy. Just think about what you said."

"I know I used big words."

I groan and facepalm myself.

Then suddenly he blurts out. "I'm going to ask Annabeth to marry me." 

"Wait. Hold up. Back it up. Rewind... Come again?"

"You heard me. I've already asked her dad and I'm going to go ask her mom tomorrow."

"What? Why now? You are still just a kid!"

"Well first off I'm a man. And second the deal you made with the gods can allow me to do this. And who knows how long it will be before the gods send us on another quest."

My brother is growing up! I see him standing behind his idea to marry Annabeth. And he was right. 19 wasn't a boy anymore. Plus I did bargain with the gods to make this easier for us to this stuff.

*

*

*

Flashback

A few days after the battle with Gaia was finished the gods summoned the seven to Olympus. They all traveled in hermes's chariot.

As soon as they left Chiron came up behind me. "Poseidon requested that you be there also."

"Oh  I didn't know I was supposed to go with them."

"That's okay do you supposed blackjack will mind giving you a ride?"

"I've never tried to ride blackjack."

"Well then try it. If not you will have to find a way there with Mr. D." I quickly thank Chiron and run off the the stables.

"Blackjack! Come here boy." Luckily from the times I fed him he knows my voice so he came.

'Sup mistress.' I understand him say.

"Hey I need a ride to Olympus."

'Is boss around?' It is so weird to have someone think of Percy as a boss.

"No. But if you give me a ride I'll give you a sugar cube or an apple."

'Deallio. Hop on.' He lowers down so that I can get on then he takes off. At first I clutch onto his neck but then I realize how beautiful it all was. Being a child of Poseidon I never trusted air travel but it was awesome! The wind blew my hair back and a smile grew on my face. I felt kind of free. 'Don't fall off!" Blackjack warns just as a gust of air almost pushes me off of him.

"Thanks for the warning." I call into the wind as I cling closer to his body.

'No problemo miss. At least you listened to me.'

"Yeah. Percy can be a butt head sometimes."

He starts laughing. Well if a horse can laugh.

After a few more minutes we arrive at the Empire State Building. As he is dropping me off I whisper in his ear. "I'm in a rush right now but the next time I see you I will give you your treat."

'Eh. Don't worry about it.'

"Thanks!" I yelled as he flew away. Taking a deep breath I ran into the building. "Official business with the gods. I am late!" I yelled running to the elevator. Luckily they understand and I'm going up to the gods quickly. When I get to the top my mouth falls open.

Annabeth did a beautiful job after the first war.