Chapter 5

She ran up to him and grabbed his shirt collar, forcing him back into the chair while she knelt on his thighs. "You need to tell me! I can't marry Abel Brahm. I'd rather die."

   Nicholas gasped and tried his best to look away from her breasts which were right in front of his face.

   "Umm…I…I…can't. I swore." She gave a cry of rage and twisted her fingers tighter in his shirt. She was about to rear a fist back to punch him when her bravery failed her. She slumped down across his lap, resting her forehead on his shoulder as she sobbed.

   He gulped and let his hands rest on her back. "Umm…it'll be fine. I guess."

   She shook her head. "No it won't. I'll have to marry that ugly bastard and have to bear his children. What do I do Nicholas?"

   He shrugged and then paused. "Call me Nick. It's shorter than Nicholas. Just makes it a little easier."

   She wiped her eyes and smiled. "Just call me Alex. I don't mind."

   He nodded and, suddenly, her hands tightened on his neck, pulling herself back into a hug. She smiled and cuddled closer, but whimpered as he tried to situate himself. "Please. Don't make me leave right now. I just need to wait out the storm and I want to do it in comfort."

   He gulped hard enough that she felt his throat quiver. "You're comfortable?"

   She nodded and sighed as his heat soaked in. She glanced up at his handsome face and found him looking down at her. "Where can I sleep?"

   He scratched his neck. "You can take my bed and I can sleep in here on the floor."

   She gave him a gentle grin, pressing herself close to his body, never knowing how wonderful a man's company could be. "No. You can sleep with me."

   He stiffened and his hands left her back to grab the arms of the chair. She caught her mistake and fumbled backwards, grabbing his hands and putting them back.

   "No! Not like that! Just, we can share a bed."

   He shook his head. "No, your majesty. I couldn't bring myself to sleep in the same area as you."

   She smiled and wrapped her arms tighter around his neck, bringing her mouth close to his. "Not even if I formally invited you? Like a ball?"

   He shuddered and she knew she had him. The truth was, she liked him. He was handsome and warm and…well, just all around likeable. He gulped and as her mouth was just about to touch his, he veered to the side, clamping his lips shut.

   She laughed and tickled her nails up his chest. "What's the matter? Afraid of cooties?"

   He blushed and cleared his throat. "N…no. It's…just…well…if I kissed you, I'd be breaking the law. If the soldiers didn't kill me, dad would."

   She smiled. "Well who has to know. If the problem is that you can't lie, then just don't talk about it. If your father asks, just say you slept in here."

   He met her eyes and then turned his head back towards hers. Before he could turn away again, she pushed her mouth to his, easing her tongue inside and touching his own. He gasped and as their tongues tangled, he moaned. His left hand came up and touched her jaw, tilting it just right.

   He seemed like he'd done this before, but he seemed so shy and ignorant. What girl was lucky enough to kiss this guy before her? She smiled and pulled away, but he wasn't ready, he pushed impatiently at her hands on his cheeks, obviously wanting her mouth back. She couldn't think of anything to say and so she let him have it, this time letting him lead.

   As soon as the kiss got hot, he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom he had approached earlier when his father  had been here. He laid her out over the bed and then laid down beside her. As they lay there, they kissed, moaning and gasping as they explored each other's limits. Suddenly, he grabbed her lower back with his right hand and heaved her up against him.

   She felt like it was getting too passionate and so she broke off the kiss. "Okay, slow down. This may be going too fast for me."

   He paused and had to get his breath back. "Sorry. The last girl I kissed didn't have that kind of passion. I was just enjoying it. Cause once you leave, I won't have this kind of feeling again. Not until dad let's me out into the town again."

   She grabbed his head and held him close in a hug, resting her own head in the crook of his shoulder as he rolled onto his back. "Well what if I requested my father to let you stay at the castle. Maybe as a long term resident?"

   Nick's passion suddenly faded and he was back to his nervous self. "No. I could never agree to that. They'd kill me for doing this with you."

   He tried to get up and leave the room, but she drug him down with her weight. "No! Don't leave."

   He sighed and rested back, reaching down for a blanket so he could pull it over them. "Fine, but this is the only night like this."

   She nodded, but behind her back, she crossed her fingers.