Chapter 12

Federalist Republics of Pyolangi (Glitch)

Persundheim, Pyolangi

After the press conference, he walked towards the government's private car together with the Premier and his ministers. Camera lights surrounded him as he walked, followed by journalists holding out microphones. Pyolangians also surrounded him.

He clung onto his trench coat as the night became colder, a typical Pyolangian climate that was felt all over the nation. Even though it was still at fall, it felt like it was winter.

As he stepped on the car, he shut the door and closed the window, preventing journalists from entering his car. Soon, he felt the car accelerate. Despite keeping his calm, he thought, Why Naomi? Why do you have to invade us?

Deep inside, he still couldn't believe it. His own friend attacking him? He clenched his fists again as he reminded himself of how Pyolangi once trusted Radish Land and regretted it.

"Sir," the Premier, Cayden, called him.

"What?"

"Now that they had taken aggressive motions against us, despite the fact that we were friends with her, do you think we should... retaliate?"

"We already retaliated," he answered coldly.

"No, I mean... like attack the Republic."

"What do you mean by that, exactly?" Glitch asked. Although he wasn't the aggressor type of leader, he mentally asked where exactly was he going for.

"We'll conduct a meeting when we reach the Mountain Palace."

* * * * *

As soon as the vehicle stopped in the Mountain Palace premises, the Prime Minister had stepped out of the car, landing his gaze on one of the most prestigious structures that currently existed -- the Mountain Palace. Made by one of Pyolangi's finest architects, it boasted stained windows painted with famous scenes from Pyolangian history, from the Pyolangian revolutionary movement from the Minetopian empire to the moment Pyolangi launched Orion III into space. Inspired by Gothic architecture, it had flying buttresses everywhere, made out of the finest stones available in Pyolangi, protected by well-dressed guards. Inside, however, is where all government sectors work in.

As he stepped on a curved staircase that led to the entrance of the palace, he heard the Premier talk to him again.

"Let's go to the Emergency Meeting Room."

He nodded, and walked inside the palace. His shoes stepped on the smoothness of wood planks. Curved stairs hung from the second level down to the ground floor. The rails were filled with intricate details, each subtly depicting more scenes in Pyolangian history. However, Glitch felt like he broke a cellphone as he realized that they weren't going the grand staircase.

They headed towards the seal of Pyolangi, which he knew was actually a hatch. The bodyguards in the area approached them and crouched. As soon as they had lifted the hatch, it revealed a stairs that led to a new hallway.

When the members of the Conclave, which was consisted of the Premier, and the Ministers of Defense, Air Force, Army, and Navy, had entered the secret hallway, the guards behind them closed the hatch, leaving them with nothing but a secret environment.

Their footsteps echoed as they walked across the hallway. It was actually easy; the entire hallway just goes to one direction, with rooms handling the entire system, from maps, spyware, statistics, and even network systems that provide access to the remnants of Pyolangi's never-used nuclear weapons that were kept secret, even to the public. However, Glitch didn't want another nuclear war. He didn't want his people to suffer more than they already had.