Chapter 6

Federalist Republics of Pyolangi - Glitch

As Glitch prepared himself for a press conference, he answered the questions thought up by his mind, preparing for questions the media might ask.

Why did you declare war?

Who is the possible invader?

Do you think we'll win the war?

Snapping out of his thoughts, he heard the spokesperson of the Office of the Prime Minister announce, "Please welcome the Prime Minister of Pyolangi, Glitch!"

He drank a bottle of water, before he walked towards the camera lights. Flashes of cameras rushed at him, covering his eyes in the process. Rounds of applause were given to him, as he looked at the long table in front of him. Seated from right to left, he saw the Premier of Pyolangi, Cayden; the Minister of National Defense, Raeden; the Minister of the National Air Force, Brennus; the Minister of the Armed Forces, Hermann; and the Minister of the Defense Navy, Drew; and finally, the Prime Minister himself.

Raeden had started on announcing the news of the invasion of Pyolangi's sovereignty by a huge fleet, later found out to be a successor nation of Radish Land -- The Republic of Shadow Walkers.

"Our armies were about to send a warning signal to the said fleet," Hermann said. "But by the time we were about to do so, they had started bombing the former city of Verdenheim."

"We have to take action to defend Pyolangi's sovereignty. So that our freedom will not be in jeopardy," Brennus added.

"In fact, we are mobilizing our armies as we speak. The Air Force is now clashing with the enemies. Our armies are on their way to Verdenheim and its surrounding areas," Cayden spoke.

"And because of the fact that we are now trying to contact the Republic of Shadow Walkers, we are now exploring the possibility of contacting other surviving nations," Drew told the press.

"Any more questions?" Glitch asked.

Journalists soon came rushing near the table, even knocking over some cameramen in the process.

"What's the progress in contacting other possible nations so far?"

The Prime Minister had answered, "So far, we don't have any luck. We tried sending signals to the coordinates of Navire and Galastaria, but it's not doing so well."

Another reported had asked, "Do you know who is the leader of the Republic of Shadow Walkers?"

This time, the Prime Minister had paused. Shadow Walkers... Naomi, why did you have to attack my nation?

As he thought of about Naomi and his former friends, he had wondered where did they go. He wondered about their current whereabouts... and how are they doing.

If they made it alive.

The Premier had spoke up for him, "Based on our findings, we had discovered that Naomi is the current President of the Republic of Shadow Walkers."

"Wait, Naomi is Glitch's old friend before he ran for the Office of the Prime Minister, right? What do you feel about that, after being attacked by your old friend?"

Glitch had clenched his fists on the table, before speaking out, "I thought we were friends! But then I asked myself why is she invading the nation that she used to be friends with?"

He then stared directly at the camera of Pyolangi's official news outlet. "Please explain this agression, Republic of Shadow Walkers."

He then plastered an angry expression. "Or else you're going to regret it."