Chapter Seventy-One

(Luca's P.O.V.)

"Hey, Sunshine!" Riley says as he walks up to me. I smile at him and he kisses me. "So, what did you need to ask me?" 

"K-Kyla and A-A-Angie are going o-o-on a date a-and want to know i-i-if we want t-to g-go," I say. 

"Wait, they're dating?" 

"No, we're not dating. We're just going on a date," Kyla says as she and Angie walk up to us. "We'll see what happens from there."

"Oh, okay. Well, I think it'll be fun. Where are we going?" Riley asks. 

"I thought we could all go ice skating," Angie says. 

"I don't know how to ice skate," Riley says and I smile. 

"I-I'll help y-y-you." 

"You know how to?" Kyla asks. 

"S-Storm taught m-m-me a f-f-few winters ago," I say and they all nod. 

"Well, sounds fun then! Can't wait to see your skills, Sunshine," Riley says and takes my hand in his. "We should get to class."

Rilley and I walk into class and Mr. Jewels greets us with a smile. We sit in our usual seats in the back and soon the bell rings. "Alright, class, today we're going to watch an educational video on algebra and fractions. Please pay attention. This will help you on your end of semester test," Mr. Jewels says. He starts the video and I try to focus really hard on taking notes, but the video goes a little fast. Plus, I haven't seen Axel in a while because of the bad weather. Hopefully, I'll be able to see him soon so he can help me with studying. 

The video ends and Mr. Jewels hands us a practice sheet. "Do you need help?" Riley whispers to me. I know he can tell how confused I am.

"Y-Yes, please," I say. 

"We'll work on it at your house this weekend. We only have like three minutes left." I nod and we sit and make small talk until the bell rings. I head to my next class and Riley goes to his. 

Lunchtime comes around and  I meet Riley outside of the cafeteria doors. He takes my hand in his and we go get our usual trays of food. "Hey, guys," Joshua greets us. We both wave to our friends and sit down. 

"So, what're your guys' plans for this weekend?" Becky asks. 

"Kyla, Angie, Luca, and I are all going on a double date tonight," Riley says. It's no secret that Kyla and Angie have been spending a lot of time with each other, so we all know something is going on. 

"Aw, Kyla! You finally worked up the nerve to ask her out! We could all tell how much you like her," Joshua says. 

"Yeah, yeah. We're all going ice skating. It should be fun and embarrassing. Riley and Angie have no idea how to not fall," Kyla says and giggles. 

"D-Don't worry. I-I'll m-m-make sure you d-d-don't fall h-hard," I say and Riley laughs. 

"What do you mean by hard? You're supposed to help me not fall at all!" I smile and gesture to myself.

"D-Do I look s-strong to y-you? I can b-barely m-move my couch a-a-and it w-weighs twice a-as less than y-y-you," I say. 

"Ugh, fine. I'll take that excuse," Riley jokes. "But we are not skating away from the wall!" 

"You do realize ice skating rinks aren't like roller skating places, right?" Chester says. "They don't have anything to hold on to." 

Riley's eyes get wide and he says, "I'm making a rule that I'm in the middle of Kyla and Luca. They shall hold me up and Angie can be on the end."