chapter 9

chapter 9

jungkook was laying on his bed, doing absolutely nothing. except thinking of hoseok of course. they had been texting a few times since their “date” and jungkook thought everything went very well. he thought about how they cuddled on hoseok’s couch and the goodnight peck he got on his cheek when he left. everything about it was cute and he just couldn’t let it go.

jungkook decided that he wasn’t just going to lay there and think, he was going to go upstairs and knock on hoseok’s door. if they were in opposite positions, jungkook would be happy if hoseok knocked on his door, so why shouldn’t he?

jungkook got dressed in his usual jeans, but this time he wore a yellow hoodie instead of his usual white tees. when he got upstairs he gently knocked on his neighbour’s door.

to his surprise it was someone else at the door. a beautiful boy, with grey-dyed hair and a long earring which suited him extremely well. “hello there, i’m taehyung… hoseok, i think someone is here to see you.” the boy whose name was taehyung called for hoseok who showed up behind him.

hoseok looked at jungkook with a slightly panicked look on his face. “oh, jungkook. i didn’t expect you to come.” he stuttered with a small smile. jungkook was about to smile back at his crush, when he saw the red mark on hoseok’s neck. it was clearly a hickey. taehyung just stood there, smirking awkwardly.

jungkook tried not to punch the stranger in the face, or hoseok for that matter, who he was now very disappointed in. he could feel his heart aching and he immediately regretted coming upstairs. what did he expect? of course hoseok wasn’t looking for the same thing as jungkook was. he probably had hundreds of boys, and girls, who wanted to get to know him. jungkook was just one of them.

“uhm, sorry for interrupting. i just thought i had forgot my headphones here. when i was here the last time you know…” jungkook sad with a harsh tone, trying to give taehyung a message.  

“haven’t seen them, sorry.” hoseok answered embarrassed.

“too bad. they might be at work. talk to you later.” jungkook said, looking down and then walking quickly down to his own apartment.

he shut the door and threw himself on the couch. jungkook screamed into a pillow of frustration. why did he have to fall for hoseok like that? couldn’t he see this coming? or maybe he was overreacting? all he knew at that moment was that he needed a book, a scented candle and his duck pyjama pants.

taehyung felt the same after hearing jungkook. “taehyung, please. listen…” hoseok tried.

“hoseok, you know i love you, but i think you need to make up your mind about this. i was so close to forgive you for what you did, but i can’t go through this again.” taehyung cut him off, gave him a quick kiss and left.

hoseok regretted everything. he loved taehyung, but it could never work between them again. his relationship with taehyung was very complicated and they had tried getting back together lots of times, mostly because hoseok had a hard time saying no to this particular ex. but now he had screwed things up with jungkook, which was not worth it. jungkook was the cutest and nicest boy he had ever met. his bunny smile gave the older boy butterflies which he hadn’t felt in a long time. hoseok had to fix this, but what if his bunny boy wasn’t ready to forgive him?