.::Conclusion::.

Lyra lied in bed, feeling the mattress cave under Roman's weight. A cloudy overcast was visible through the blinds; the smell of soap and fabric softener lingered in the air. Lyra knew that Roman had taken a shower.

Despite her back being turned, she saw he was only wearing a towel. She remembered that his bloody clothes were scattered in a trail, leading from the front door of the apartment to the bedroom.

Lyra rolled over, facing Roman as he sat on the edge of the bed; his back turned. She wanted to touch him, but could feel that he was guilt stricken. Not only that, he was ashamed he had let Lyra convince him that he was good enough.

"You are, Roman. You're good enough for me." Lyra spoke softly.

Roman's head turned, revealing to Lyra the side of his face. She could see that his hair was damp, the tip of his nose that of a button with pouty lips. The overcast of the sky through the blinds reflected just how light his eyes were from his side profile. Lyra saw no monster - just a confused boy that she was madly in love with.

"What happens if you don't do it?" Roman asked, knowing that she knew what he was asking. She knew everything else without him having to say a word.

Lyra sighed. "I don't know. Everyone has an aura- different colors and different shapes. That's what I take from them. It has nothing to do with the sex- that's just what I have to do to get it."

"An aura? Like... a halo?"

"Kind of like that. It glows around their entire body." Lyra sighed, sitting up in the bed as she made her way to him.

She placed her legs on either side of him, sitting behind him as she wrapped her arms around his torso. She laid the side of her head against his bare back, listening to him breathe. "I call it shine- I steal other people's shine." She giggled at the phrase.

Roman's gaze shifted to Lyra's hands on his abdomen. He stared down at her delicate fingers, watching them move along the curves of his muscles beneath his flesh.

"What's mine?... What color is mine?" Roman asked; his voice monotone. Lyra felt that he already knew the answer to the question.

"You don't have one. Neither do I, or anyone else like us." Lyra whispered into his back, hooking her arms under his as her hands trailed to his pectorals, pulling him closer into her front.

"So you can't feed off mine? You... you can't steal my shine?" Roman smirked at the ridiculous phrase, but it quickly vanished when realizing that Lyra would have to continue fucking other people. It was ridiculous to ever assume that he had a "shine." There was no "light" to him, only darkness.

Roman sighed in defeat. His eyes closed tightly as his jaw clenched at the thought. "I don't want you fucking other people." Roman admitted out loud, even though he knew Lyra already knew what he was going to say.

"Well I don't want you killing people, but I accept it." Lyra said.

Roman moved Lyra's hands off of his body, standing from the bed. He folded his arms, keeping one hand to his mouth as his fingers tracked across his bottom lip, as if he were thinking.

There had to be a way that Lyra could feed without Roman having to share her. His eyes narrowed, dropping his hand from his lips.

"No." Lyra said. "No, that won't work. He'd never help us- he wants to keep us apart." Lyra saw Roman's plan - it involved Pryce and Ares coming up with a solution to their problems.

"It's my money. He'd never refuse more money for whatever shit experiment he's got going on." Roman licked his lips, looking down at Lyra to see she was lying back in the bed, her elbows supporting her weight. Her breasts set perfectly on her chest, bouncing slightly with every move she made with her legs as she kept her knees together, swaying them impatiently with raised brows.