-15-

No sooner than Lyra stepped out of the shower, the doorbell rang. She raced into her room, taking her hair out of the towel, readjusting the one around her bare body tightly.

She rummaged through her drawer, trying to find something to lounge in. She wondered who was at the door, stopping in her tracks when listening to the voices downstairs. Closing her eyes, she matched a face to the familiar voice.

It was Roman.

Lyra sighed, rolling her eyes at the thought of him. She closed the top drawer of the dresser, rushing toward the door before Roman had a chance to knock.

She stood with her arms crossed, waiting for Roman to be standing just on the other side before she dared give him a piece of her mind.

When she heard his footsteps approaching, Lyra whipped the door open.

She started, "What the hell are you-" Roman rushed into Lyra's bedroom, grabbing a hold of her upper arms, pulling her into him. His tight grasp trailed down the length of her arms, holding onto her waist while the other gently caressed her cheek.

Roman gazed into Lyra's eyes, terrified. "You're okay... you're okay." His voice cracked, causing Lyra to panic when seeing he was on the verge of tears.

"Roman, calm down... what's wrong?" Lyra held his face in her hands as Roman pulled her closer.

"The woods. We found a body in the woods, an-and-" Roman stuttered.

It was cause for concern, considering it wasn't in Roman's character to be at a loss for words. Lyra ran her hands through his hair, pulling him into her. Roman nuzzled his face in her neck, holding onto her tightly.

Lyra tried to read his mind, but couldn't get past his emotional instability. "I got worried. I thought you went out looking for me. I came here as soon as I could, I had to know-" Roman began rambling, but letting him talk it out was settling him down.

Lyra placed her hand on his face once more, forcing him to look into her eyes.

The body had been laying face up; her eyes open and wide with her throat ripped out. Blood covered her lips, down to her chest. The girl's hair, black like a raven's wings - just like Lyra's.

Lyra saw the image in Roman's mind, the girl appeared identical, along with her eyes that gleamed a crystallized icy hue.

"It's okay... I'm fine. It wasn't me... clearly." Lyra smiled halfheartedly, pulling Roman into a hug.

He wrapped his arms around Lyra's petite frame, squeezing too tightly. Lyra wondered if the memory in Roman's mind had been subjective; his fear of it actually being Lyra had caused him to see that it was.

The weight of Roman's body had caused Lyra to fall back on the bed. He hovered above her, placing kisses along her neck roughly as his hand traced the contours of her legs until reaching her upper thighs. Roman grabbed Lyra's hips, pulling her down the length of the bed until reaching his pelvis.

She didn't understand why she was letting him do this, after the jealous rage she had experienced from him just hours prior.

She recalled how terrified she had been the moment Roman smacked her hand away in the hall at school. How much she regretted all the times she had let him fuck her. But most of all, she regretted how much she loved him.

Lyra placed her hands on Roman's cheeks, wanting him to look her in the eyes. He didn't fall for it, his eyes remained on her barely covered skin.

He peeled the towel open, revealing her bare body. His hand trailed up her stomach to her chest, ducking his head down to kiss her breast.

Lyra closed her eyes, hearing the familiar sound of his zipper, knowing what he was going to do next. Her hand tracked through his sandy hair, letting her legs fall open as she succumbed to his advances even though she knew it wasn't wise.

Lyra could not say "no" to Roman, despite wanting to at times - particularly this time. But feeling his emotions through her hands as she touched him, she felt not his want, but his need for her.

Roman kissed her forehead softly before slipping into her body. She squeezed his biceps, adjusting to the feel of him. She figured she would be used to his body by now, but each time, something felt different. For one reason or another, they couldn't get enough of each other - a strange pull was pushing them together like gravity, which sometimes felt forced.

"Look at me." Roman commanded. Lyra liked this game; they played it nearly every time.

One would demand something from the other, perhaps forcing one to look at them or say something. Neither of them were capable of making the other do it, but it was fun to watch the other do it willingly, simply because they wanted to.

Lyra was beginning to give in too easily now, which was starting to make it less fun, but all the while more pleasurable.

Staring into Roman's eyes, Lyra saw something more than a just dominating creature. She could feel the fear inside of him - the fear of rejection. Roman was scared that Lyra would someday deny him of this and that he would be without the power to control her to give in.

Gazing into his lightly colored eyes, Lyra began to feel a fluctuating wave radiate from her core to her center.

Orgasms were easy with Roman, but never brought on this quickly. He could feel the twitches in her limbs; the slight buck in her hips as she matched his movements. She moaned quietly, placing her hands on his hips, making sure he didn't stop.

Her head tingled, the feeling of fireworks went off as she trembled beneath him. It felt different - more powerful than any other time he had made her cry out in ecstasy.

Roman's hips slowed, pushing into her one final time. Rushed, jagged breaths fell from his mouth before kissing Lyra's forehead again, steadily pulling himself out of her. Her legs continued to shake; the trembles so subtle Roman didn't seem to notice, but he had.

Lyra stayed still, her eyes staying glued to Roman as she watched him maneuver around the room, almost frantically.

He sleeked the sides of his hair back, regaining his composure before speaking. "I don't know what I would've done if that had been you out there." Roman spoke, but his eyes stayed at the window, staring at the blinds that were drawn. "I know what I saw. That body in those woods... it was you."

"Maybe you were just seeing things. You know, sometimes people see things that aren't real. It's like when you see a bug and then your whole body starts to itch."

A passive aggressive smile went to Roman's mouth, biting down on his plump lip before looking to Lyra. The smile quickly faded, the expression replaced by one of irritability. "I know what I saw." Roman strolled to the door, his head held high confidently, shadowed by a haunted darkness.

"Where are you going?" Lyra asked,  draping the towel across her chest while sitting up.

"Peter's in the car."

Lyra's eyes went wide in shock. "You mean, he's been out there waiting for you this whole time?"

Roman smiled devilishly, "Yeah, but don't worry about it. He's... out of it, right now."

Lyra saw the visual image in Roman's mind of Peter transforming. His body snapped and configured in ways unnatural before falling to his knees.

She saw the pain in Peter's face as his eyes changed from blue to golden yellow. She saw him now, sitting in the passenger seat of Roman's car, shuttering in his sleep as his body contorted back to what it had been.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Roman said, closing the door behind him.