BREATH | chapter two

It was nearly midnight when Dean drove his car to the hospital where the girl was brought to

It was nearly midnight when Dean drove his car to the hospital where the girl was brought to. Sam had stayed behind at the bunker with Jack as the young nephilim was still unconscious from the little incident that afternoon.

"Thank you for coming down here, sheriff." Dean greeted a woman stiffly. She was claded in the usual brown sheriff attire depicting her rank. However, she looked gaunt and her eyes were droopy. "How the the boy, Clark is it?"

The woman gave him a tight smile, weighing on her right foot. "The surgery went well. He's okay. Anyway, the doctor said the girl you brought in is awake. We can talk to her now."

The woman then led Dean to a hospital room.
And there sat on the bed,the girl that came out of nowhere.
She had been cleaned up. She no longer wore her bloodied clothes, just a plain hospital shirt and pant. There was a couple of iv catherers attached to her.

Dean couldn't help but to stared back when she glared at him, suspiciously. She had stiffened up the moment the two walked in.

The sheriff cleared her throat and went to her bedside. "Hi. My name is Christine Barker.I am the--"

"I need to leave." The girl spoke coldly,still not breaking eye contact with Dean. "Why did you held me here? I want to leave."

"What's your name, kid?" Dean asked, ignoring her requests.

The girl licked her lips,was about to answer when her brown, glaring eyes turned dazed and lost.
"My name?"

"Yes, sweetie. We need your name for hospital identification,we need to inform your family." Christine said,in a motherly voice.

"My family?" The girl's voice was laced with pure confusion. She then looked around, Dean saw she took a big gulp. "Why am I'm in the hospital? Why you two are doing this to me?"

"Look, kid. Someone..well, I found you in an alley, stabbed,bleeding to death. For some reason, I need to know who you are." Dean said as he paced nearer. The girl flinched back,retreating further to another edge of the bed.

"Stay away from me!" she snarled,her eyes were wide and rabid. The sheriff looked at Dean and then to the girl. "What are you doing?" the girl seethed to Christine. "Get this man away from me!"

However the sheriff stand still. Knowing that Dean well, hunt monsters and after what happened to her son back at the station,she's inclined to side with the monster hunter. The girl could damn well be one of those sons of bitches that stormed the station and stabbed her son.

"Sweetie,"

"Don't sweetie me,woman. Get him out of here! I don't want him here!" The girl's breathing became rapid and heavy as if she's having an anxiety attack. "He's going to kill me." she mumbled between her panicked breaths before looking up to Dean accusingly. "You tried to kill me in the alley!"