Breath | chapter five

"What are you doing here?" Dean asked coarsely as Donatello slumped onto the couch

"Donatello here is a prophet." Sam cleared up to the kids.

Leia quietly exhales in relief and then noticed her hand was grasping Jack's. It probably was a reflex move but as she loosened her grip, she mentally scold herself for even reaching his hand in the first place.

Donatello took off his fedora hat and sloppily fanned himself with it,  "I... Well, after God left, I say 'Donatello,you're so retired.' I mean who need a prophet of God when there is no God. So a few days ago, I'm online, checking for condos and stuff on my computer,I was knocked off my feet by this...weird wave of power. Its not like God's,more like something new,something fresh. I was drawn to it. Its here."

Sam and Dean shifted slightly as they looked at each other and eyed the nephilim.

"Wow. Its right here. Its...you." Donatello breathed as he gazed at Jack,then at Leia. "Who are you two?"

"I'm Jack." The nephilim replied. Dean went around and peeled Leia away from him.

"Keep your distance, kid." Dean told Leia in low voice, meant only to her hearing. She only frowned at Dean.

"Jack here is a nephilim. And, Leia is um, a friend." Sam informed and almost immediately Donatello gasped. He slowly got onto his feet and marveled on Jack. He looked over toward Leia but it was probably two seconds before he gazed at Jack like an exciting child staring at a present on Christmas morning.

"A child of a human and an angel." The old prophet muttered, fascinated.

"Archangel actually." Sam subtly cleared his throat. "Lucifer."

"Oh." Donatello however recovered from the piece of information quickly and looked back at Jack. "Look at you. Waves of power. So intense. So fascinating."

"Maybe less human than we thought hm,Leia?" Dean shot a look to the young girl.

"You know I met your father. Your power nothing like his, not dark,not toxic."

"Not so." Leia snapped back to Dean after hearing Donatello's words.

"Not yet." the older Winchester lowkey argued.

"If a prophet of God said Jack's power is not evil,who are you to condemn him?" Leia snarled back in soft whisper.

"Guys," Sam sighed at the two's small bickering. Both Dean and Leia shifted their attention to him. "If Jack is sending out signals strong enough to get Donatello all the way out here,the angels and demons are still out there. Who knows what else might be listening. He needs protection."