Breath | chapter eight

The next morning, Sam was setting the table with the breakfast he bought when Jack entered the kitchen

The next morning, Sam was setting the table with the breakfast he bought when Jack entered the kitchen. There was a look on the nephilim's face that almost bothered him but he decided not to ruin the morning just yet.

Jack sat quietly at the table, not lifting his face. He looked almost upset but trying to not show it. Dean entered,sullen faced as he probably just woke from his sleep and cracked the fridge for a bottle of cold beer. Sam saw his brother subtly giving a side-eye toward Jack but he let it slide and sat across Jack.

"Is Leia up yet?"
Sam asked as he slides a wrapped burrito to Jack's way.
The boy breathes slowly and queitly sighed.

"I don't know. The door,its locked." Jack replied. He lifted his gaze to Sam as if to ask for help. "She won't answer. I think she don't want to talk to me."

Dean swings his bottle up,chugging it and burped loudly with a grin on his lips. Its obvious he liked that.

"Kid, last night, what did you say to her?" he asked Jack. "I never see a girl jet out of a guy's room that fast unless something happened."

The boy stared at the wrapped burrito for a long time while Sam frowned in confusion,wondering what the hell did he missed last night.

Jack didn't answer,letting the conversation he had with Leia last night remained only between them.

"Well, uh, Jack, did you say something that upsets Leia?" Sam tried to console Jack but to no avail with Dean throwing merry grin from the corner of the kitchen. He swears he heard Dean snorted under his breath.

"She's upset even before she talked to me." Jack stated shortly. "Upset with Dean."

Jack's gaze fell passed Sam all the way to Dean.
The lights in the bunker suddenly flickered. Sam immediately stood,tensed while Dean sets down his beer bottle and thinking of reaching for some ammo as they feared it was Jack's power going rogue.

Only, Jack too looked surprised by the flickering lights.
"I didn't do this." he defended himself and within a split second, as if something had dawned on all three of them, they rushed out the kitchen,straight to Leia's room.

"Leia!"
Dean banged his hand over the door loudly a couple of times.
"Open the freaking door."

There was no reply. The flickering lights grew more aggresive, worrying them.
"You sure this isn't your doing?" Dean asked to Jack coarsely,the tone however more of accusing.
Sam had glared his brother in disapproval.

When the wall lamps by the door's room burst, sending Jack ducking for protection,Dean decided that that's it. He backed a few steps, lurched forward and slammed the door with his shoulder,breaking the door. It took him two tries before the door finally gave in.