Breath | chapter nine

Leia slowly pulled away her arm off Jack's head and pulled another pillow to replace the spot where her arm was

Leia slowly pulled away her arm off Jack's head and pulled another pillow to replace the spot where her arm was. The boy shifted a little but his eyes still closed serenely. She stared at him solemnly,they were so close that she could literally inhale his steady breaths. Jack smelled like baby powder and something...sweet. Like candy. And for some odd reason,it comforted her.

The hell you're doing, Leia. This is going to end badly... Her conscience whispered. Hell, Leia?  Really, is it even your name?

"Shut up." she mumbled softly under her breath,as if to tell it to the voice in her head. At this point, she no longer know anything she's doing. Rationality is out the damn window and in with the instinct.

Her eyes fixated on Jack's face. There were specks of tears stain on his cheek bugged her so she reached out to his face and try to wipe it away. At the touch however, her fingers froze. She felt a soft, yet a sharp electricity buzz crawled under her skin, through her fingers and touched down right in her chest. It stayed there and bloomed into a giddy warmth,stirring a feeling inside her.

The feeling. Its not right,she knew that. And out of nowhere,a wave of guilt washed over her,beckoning her eyes to sting. The blessed warmth slowly perished,leaving her chest feeling heavy.

Jack was so afraid of himself. Afraid that he’s going to mess up and hurt people. Afraid that he will be alone. And she just stupidly and blindly made a promise that she knew for certain will turn rotten.

Such a terrible person,you are, her conscience whispered once again to her.

Leia closed her eyes,swallowing the lump that slowly forming in her throat. She had told no one that upon her abrupt woke this morning,she felt very indifferent. The very spot where Dean said that magically glowed was quite sore. Her ears ringed softly now and then but she paid no attention to it. She was certain she dreamt of something dreadful,like a nightmare but couldn’t remember what it was. Despite all that discomforts,she just couldn’t stop herself from looking out for Jack. Like mentioned earlier,rationality is out the damn window and in with the instinct.

Yet,there are voices in her head. Some tried to reason her actions while some others,well,just whispered ‘DO-IT’ encourages. They were all bouncing,jumbled up in her mind,irritating her.
With a swift move,she pulled away her fingers from Jack's face and sat up on the bed. She then slides out of the bed gracefully so that Jack wouldn't be bothered. Afterall, after a breakdown, sleep is the best cure.

Standing over the sleeping nephilim,her stinging eyes finally gave in, sheding the pooling tears down her cheeks.
You're not a bad person, Jack. I think I am. I'm pretentious. She muffled a cry and turned toward the door.