Messages In a Bottle: Chapter 5

Another day of work passes by. You and Arthur are sitting on a couch together watching a scary movie. He talked you into it. You never really got scared of anything, but this movie was seriously giving you the creeps. You were trying not to looked scared, while Arthur was watching intently. How he wasn't phased at all surprised you. He was leaning with his elbows resting on his knees and his head in his hands. He has the sleeves of his white shirt rolled up and the neck loose. His dark jeans were in immaculate condition, right down to the hems brushing his casual shoes. 

Gosh, he looks so handsome.You thought to yourself. As if reading your mind, he glances over at you and smiles. Your heart skipped a beat. Am I falling for him? You thought with a little horror twinging your thoughts. He's a guy I recently met, without a memory. Gah! What am I supposed to do!?

Arthur's soft voice interrupts your nervous thoughts. "Hey [Name], I meant to tell you earlier, but I think you look really nice today." Was that a compliment? "Oh, thanks Arthur. That was really sweet of you." You looked down at your outfit. From your worn converses, to your slightly ratty jeans, to your regular graphic t-shirt. You didn't think you looked really nice, but whatever. You leaned back against the couch.

You continued to watch the movie, but it got to a scary part. You jumped and screamed slightly. You didn't notice it, but you had grabbed Arthur's arm and moved close to him. "[Name], are you okay?" He asked, a little amused. You realized what you were doing. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine." You say as you remove yourself from Arthur. "Mmhm." Arthur mumbles. "Come here." He throws his arm around you and pulls you in close. You blush at how close he is. "Uh, Arthur?" You ask nervously. "Yes?" He queries. "Do you remember what I said to you last night?" You coughed nervously. He smiled and hugged you closer. "Yes, I remember." He kissed you on the forehead and returned to watching the movie. You rested your head on his shoulder and did the same. 

Later in the night, after the movie finished, you found yourself falling asleep on Arthur's shoulder. You were watching the news now, Arthur liked to stay up on stock reports and whatnot. Arthur noticed this, and decided to play a little prank on you. He craned his head down next to your ear and whispered in slightly creepy voice, "They're coming for you..." It was a line from the movie you two watched earlier. It was always said right before someone died.

You were half-asleep, which also meant you were half-awake. You jumped up off the couch with a little scream and looked around frantically. "What's going on!?!" You demanded. Arthur sat there unsuccessfully trying to hide his laughter. You narrowed your eyes at him. "You're gonna get it." You lunged at Arthur who was still laughing on the couch. He managed to react in time to catch you, preventing you from throttling him. He fell back on the couch, then rolled off onto the floor.

Somehow, you managed to still land on top of him. "What was that for?!" You questioned him. "I thought it'd be funny, and it was." He answered cheekily. Now you really tried to kill him. "Hey, stop it." Arthur said while he was laughing at your attempts to kill him. He picked you up and tossed you over his shoulder. "Come on, let's go to bed."

Arthur stood up can carried you over his shoulder to his bedroom. He set you down on his bed unceremoniously. "Hey Arthur, speaking about going to bed, you don't happen to have another bedroom, do you?" You asked. You didn't mind sleeping with Arthur, it's just that you thought he might want his privacy.  "No, not unless you want to sleep on that hard and lumpy couch downstairs." He responded. 

You grabbed your bag and head down the hall to the bathroom to change into your pajamas. Which was an old t-shirt and a pair of striped pajama shorts. You open the door to the bedroom and stopped dead in your tracks when you saw what was in the room. Arthur was standing there without his shirt on and taking off his pants. He was wearing those boxer/brief underwear with a union jack on it. You stood rooted to the spot, unable to look away. Your face had a mad blush across it and your bag dropped to floor from your twitching hand. Arthur stood frozen for a moment too, before he realized that he wasn't already dreaming. He hopped/stumbled across the room and pushed you out then closed the door behind you. You stood frozen behind the door for a moment until you were able to shake yourself back to reality. You sighed and leaned back against the door. You could never get that picture out of your head, and you didn't think you'd want to either. He was seriously hot. His chest was thin, yet muscular, and his arms were well toned. The blush hadn't receded from your cheeks yet.

Arthur opened the door and you tumbled backward into the room. "[Name]?" He called out into the empty hallway. "I'm right here." You said from Arthur's feet. He looked down at you and you looked back up. All you could think about was those union jack underwear. The blush returned to your face. "Well don't just lie there." He said. You got up and quickly dusted yourself off.

You both returned to the bed. "I was thinking [Name], that we should at least get together and watch a movie at least once a week. It'd just be the two of us." Arthur asked you as he climbed in bed. "Yeah, I'd like that." You responded. 

The both of you slept back to back, still too embarrassed to look each other straight in the eye. Arthur moved closer to you so your backs were pressed against each other's. He reached over and grabbed your hand. "Sorry about that." He said quietly. "No it's okay," You responded, "I didn't really mind. Personally, I think you're kind of hot." The words went past your lips before you realized it. You cringed inwardly. Great, now he's going to think I'm a weirdo. "Well you're kind of hot yourself." Arthur nudged the back of your leg with his hand. You blushed madly at his compliment. Good thing it was dark and he couldn't see you, or else he would find a face very similar to his own.

Arthur turned around and pulled you into him. He nestled his face in the crook of your neck. In turn, you reached down to touch his knee. He pulled you in closer and kissed your bare shoulder, the over sized neck of your t-shirt had a habit of sliding around. You moved your hand up and down his thigh, feeling the tight muscle underneath. What am I doing? You thought, This is ridiculous. Since when have I been romantic? A low moan of pleasure escaped from Arthur. You laughed inwardly, Well this is going to be an interesting night.