Chapter 12

Your shoulders creaked painfully as you stooped to fill the heavy buckets you carried in both hands. For a facility in the twenty-first century, this place certainly had an old way of doing things. You desperately tried to take in all your surroundings for any way of escape; there were a few options, but none were even remotely usable in full daylight: the only time you were allowed outside of your cell.

You sighed and resigned yourself to your fate; maybe you’d learn how to live like a seventeenth century puritan. A sparkling and glittering object caught your eye as it floated along in the small stream you were hunched over. You furtively looked around and pocket the trinket before the guard looming above you took any notice.

Upon further secretive inspection in your cell later that night; the bauble presented itself to be a small glass bottle with a slip of paper furled inside. You hurriedly cracked the neck of the bottle, slicing one of your fingertips in the process. As you sucked on your wound, you read the short yet carefully worded note. I’m coming for you.

The small and now broken bottle fell from your hands and exploded into tiny shards on the cold concrete floor of the prison you called hell. Those four words meant everything to you at the moment; the conveyed that Arthur was well, that he was preparing a rescue attempt, and to be prepared at moment’s notice.

You bowed your head to hide a small smile from prying eyes. “Time to pack.”

[A/N]: Sorry this short little chapter took so long to get out TT-TT I really am so sorry; I apologize to my devoted readers out there (however few they are). I’ve been so busy lately with other projects and so much else. Please forgive me! The nice readers who leave supportive comments and vote mean so much to me; you guys are awesome! Thanks for putting up with a slow writer so much.