Messages In a Bottle: Chapter 11

Heavy breathing filled the room. Arthur soon realized it was his own. Gingerly, the blonde touched the crown of his head. Arthur’s fingers met hair matted down with dried blood. Slowly, he cracked open is eyes. A flickering light cast its dim glow through the sparsely furnished room.

Arthur sat up and cupped his pounding head in his hands. Arthur groaned lowly and pulled himself into an uncomfortable wooden chair. “The last time I remember my head hurting this much was when- Wait…I remember. I remember.” Memories flooded Arthur’s mind, they came too fast and too quickly for him to keep track of.

Arthur fell to the ground again, clutching his aching head and writhing in pain. “No, no, no, no!” Arthur’s most recent memory was the one that pained him the most; he beat his fists against the cold and rough concrete floor until blood pushed through the broken skin. “Dammit! Why did this happen to her!?”

Arthur nursed his bleeding knuckles with one hand. Arthur’s normally clear and dazzling emerald eyes grew distant and misty. “I swear [Name]; I swear I’ll save you.”

~~~

You blinked your eyes rapidly, the white light shinning down into your face momentarily blinding you. You tried to bring your hand up to shield the shinning lights boring down into your eyes. To your great surprise, your hands were restrained, as were your legs and even your head. “Where am I…”

As if in answer to your question, a sharp featured face loomed in your vision. “You, my dear, are being held captive.”