Chapter 3 • She Never Deserved This

Welcome back! :)

---

Qoute of the day:

"She'll understand. You'll understand."

•••

Sonic's POV:

....

"Hey mom?" I yelled, unlocking the front door of my house. Once I completely opened the door, I placed the keys on the kitchen table, and washed my hands. "Oh, hey Sonic."

I turned around to see my younger brother, Manik. "Where's mom?" He asked, opening the fridge. "Neither do I know." I shrugged, not sure where our Mom was. As if it was on cue, we then heard an explosion outside.

"The backyard?!" Me and my brother yelled. We left what we we're doing and ran oustide, as if we were chased.

Once I opened the glass door's to our backyard, we then saw our Mom, cooking food on the now.. broken grill. "Mom?! What were you doing?!" I asked, shocked. "I was planning to cook some smoked burgers for dinner, but I guess it didn't work." She giggled in amusement.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "We thought that it was some kind of a real explosion, glad it wasn't." Manik chuckled and ran up to Mom to help her clean up the mess.

I waved and went up to my room, not having the mood to socialize for a minute. Once I got to my room, I then remembered, me and Amy's conversation an hour ago.

I texted her when I was still crossing some lanes, for me to get home. Well, I was pretty hungry, so I just texted her goodbye. Even though I don't want to.

I sighed, "Is she really okay for me to transfer schools?" I groaned in fraustration, ugh. Why do long-distance relationships are so hard?!

•••

[ After Dinner ]

Once when I was just about to go to my room, Manik then blocked my way. "Hey Sonic, you okay?" He asked in disbelief. They've never seen me this stressed before, so I didn't realized until now.

"Do you think so?" I asked in a tired, and raspy voice. "No. But I want to guess.. your gonna have to leave Amy?" Manik said, with a sad smile. I stood in front of him, unable to answer.

I nod my head slowly, not wanting to continue this conversation. "C'mon bro. You can just cancel their offer, right?" Manik suggested, covering up his sad smile. "It's hard to cancel it Manik, you know that ever since I was a kid, I always want to go there." I said.

"In SilverStone High."

•••

And here I was, after that I finally admitted to Manik where I was accepted. Honestly, my family never knew what school I was going to attend, but this was it. And Manik was the only one who knew it, but never expected it.

I sighed, unlocking my bedroom door, tired of the current problem. Once I just opened the door, halfway, I heard a ringtone, suggesting that it was a call, I ran up to it without closing the door.

"Hello?"

"Hey, ... Sonic."

"Amy? Why did you call me? It's already late at night."

"Sonic.. can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course. What it it?" I asked, closing my bedroom door as my family would hear us.

"What will happen to us once you'll switch schools?" Amy asked, terrified, her voice in a raspy and she looks like she cried.

"What do you mean?"

"I meant that.. what will happen to our relationship if you decided to switch schools? Would you break up with me? Would you replace me with another girl? Or we might just never talk again? I ---"

"NO -- no, no. Amy, .. I'll never do that to you." I said, tearing up a little. It was really rare for me to cry, but in this kind of matter, I will.

"But Manik told me where you were going awhile ago, and that school is 400 kilometers away from this city. Sonic... I'm scared." Amy sobbed, hearing her tears and coughs getting louder.

I shed a tear.

I'll never do this to the one I loved the most.

She was broken. She was traumatized about her father. She never deserved this.

You promised to never leave her.

Do something.

"Hey, Marshmallow?" I said, wiping my tears away, beginning to smile.

"Yea-- yeah?"

"Go change tonight. We'll go somewhere." I said, with a smirk.

"Sonic, I can feel your smirk from here. But are you sure?" She said, sniffling.

"I'm sure."

•••

Sorry for the LONGEST WAIT. But I didn't have any inspiration until now, during a rainy day. Since most of my stories are inspired by a sad anime, this was my MOST favorite chapter. :)

I'll update again if.... there is at least... 6 votes?? ^_^

~Eclipsa🌙