Chapter 12 • Making Up

•••

[ What happened last time.... ]

"Hey guys, let's just try to enjoy this night. The drama has to wait." Sonic said with a smile, before he threw the ball at Amy's direction. Before they knew it, the ball didn't hit her, but it flew through and knocked one of the boards at a rack. Sonic gulped, shocked and suprised that he must have hitted the ball too hard.

Suddenly, they then heard a whistle. Making Sonic look at the female guard, who's holding a floatie in her hand and a whistle on the other. "You! Get out of the pool and fix the rack!" The girl said with a smile. "Sorry!" Sonic apologized, running up to the girl beside the rack he hit he ball with.

"No worries. Just fix the rack." The female hedgehog said with a smile. "Eclipsa? What's going on?" A blonde hedgehog asked, walking up to us with his hands in his pockets.

•••

"Oh, this guy knocked one of the boards at the rack. No worries." The female hedgehog told the guy beside her, before she ran up to Sonic. "Hey, no worries. Next time, just don't hit the ball that hard." She told Sonic with a smile. "Hehehe, I'm really sorry." Sonic said after he returned the board at the rack with a nervous smile, scratching his head.

The female hedgehog then nodded her head, before she ran up to the blonde hedgehog once again. Sonic then sighed, "Phew. Luckily, the guard wasn't that strict." He then grab the ball and passed it to Cream, before he went back in the water. "Hey Sonic, I thought that you can't swim?" Amy asked, confused. "Wait, what?!" Sonic shouted, looking at the water around him.

Once he realized that he was floating, he then jump back up with a terrified face. "Hey, I think the cure is the ball." Amy said in deep thought, while looking at Sonic. "Are you kidding? I didn't even realized that I was on water when we started playing." Sonic said, shaking. "Are you serious?" Knuckles laughed.

"Uh, of course I am!" Sonic said, glaring at Knuckles. Amy then giggled, "C'mon Sonic, you'll never learn how to swim if your like that." "Um, I don't need to swim always okay." Sonic said, looking away. "Well, of course you need to. Now come on." Amy said with a smile, as she held Sonic's hand and led him slowly into the water.

Sonic cringed as he felt the cold water surround him, "It's too cold.." Amy giggled, "Of course silly, the water is coming from the natural springs around here." Sonic smiled, as Amy led him deeper into the pool. "If you want, I can give you a floatie." Amy whispered, as she pointed to the stack of floaties beside the bar.

Sonic glared at her, "No, no thanks." Amy giggled, "I'm just teasing you!" She kissed Sonic's cheek to apologize and while the two of them were busy in the pool. Silver was just sitting in the bar stool and just looking at the others having fun, since he already finished his book.

Blaze looked at him sadly, she really wants to approach him but she thinks that he'll just push her away just like earlier. She sighed, "You guys have fun, I think I need some rest." Before she swam away from the girls to climb up the pool. The girls looked at her worriedly, as they watched her leave the pool area and entered back the hotel.

"I'm going to play with the guys, see ya' later Ames." Sonic said, before he kissed her cheek. "Okay." Amy replied.

"I can't stand to see them like this.." Tikal muttered. Amy and the others nodded. "True, it makes me feel so gloomy on a vacation." Cream said. "But how can we even help them? You know those too, if they're not feeling it, they'll just continue to ignore it." Rouge sighed, as she tried to sink the ball underwater in her own will.

"Maybe for tonight, let's just make them talk it out. I'm sure everything will be good again tomorrow." Tikal assured, as she playfully splashed the girls. "Afterall, this is a vacation!" Tikal yelled. The girls all laughed and all of them then began to laugh and splash each other with water.