';Part Thirteen - Unexpected

Hi All,

Here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy.

B. X

*******************************************************************************

Cherri's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but grin with a crazy amount of anticipation.

Today was the day. Finally today was the day.

Today was the day that Dad left for London.

Throwing myself out of bed and then into the shower, I scraped my hair back into a high-up ponytail, before slipping on a black vest top and jeans with my black Vans.

Some light lipgloss, not too suggestive and mascara. Dad wouldn’t notice and start moaning at me that way.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, practically on Cloud 9, before heading downstairs.

“Mom! Dad! I—“ I froze in the middle of the staircase.

Mom and Dad were kissing as if they wanted to rip each other’s clothes off right there and then.

His hand was on her waist and her hand was tangled in his hair. Ew. His tongue was definitely in her mouth right now. That’s so gross!

They were both dressed, unusual for them.

Mom was in a black buttoned shirt, which was already half open, with some tight fitting jeans and Dad in a grey pinstriped suit, his hair slightly messy from where Mom’s hands were in it.

I cleared my throat loudly, “Because that’s something you really want to see first thing in the morning.”

Mom and Dad both jumped and pulled away from each other.

“Good morning Cherri.” Mom smiled weakly, looking back towards Dad.

I laughed in my head, “Morning Mom. Morning Dad.”

Why were they looking so flustered? I’d caught them at worse than this before. My stomach lurched at the memory. I wouldn’t be forgetting that one any time soon....

“Rick, your flight leaves in an hour, you better get going.” Mom admonished, suddenly taking a serious tone.

“Don’t mind me.” I smirked, walking into the kitchen.

I grabbed some toast from the table and quietly munched, thinking of him, thinking of Jake.

He had been so sweet to me for the past five months. He treated me all the time; the cinema, the beach, or we’d just stay at his, make out for a while, watch a movie and talk like we used to before the feelings got involved. It was perfect, the perfect way to spend time with the boy I was falling more and more in love with every single day.

Swallowing down a glass of orange juice, I left my breakfast things in the dishwasher and made my way back into the hall.

Mom and Dad were kissing again.

I wish they’d stop doing that; it’s totally gross watching your parents make out right in front of you.

I know they loved each other and everything. I heard them 99% of the time, but they seriously needed to stop giving each other those looks and sleeping together whenever I’m out. It’s ridiculous! They’re both over the age of 40! Is that even allowed?

“So...London, then, Dad?” I questioned, making them both jump again.

"Yep," he nodded, wiping Mom's lipstick from the corner of his mouth, "You know AAC has the potential to be international. Want me to get you anything while I'm there?"