The Governess (Loki x fem!reader) Movie/book based AU

(Based on Jane Eyre!)

The beautiful manor of your new employer came into view and you drew in a breath. It was beautiful. The falling leaves all around the place only added to its charm. You knew you had to take it in while you could because once you entered the manor, you would have to put on your professional attitude. You were there for a job after all. To be a governess to the ward of the owner of the estate.

Your carriage stopped and you took a deep breath. Were you ready for this? This was your first real job. Your previous employment had been through the boarding school you'd grown up in. You knew everyone there before you even began working, This was uncharted territory. However, whether you were ready or not, it was time. You climbed down from the carriage and the door of the manor immediately opened.

"You must be the new governess!" an older woman greeted, descending the stairs. You smiled at her. "I am." The woman smiled and offered a hand. "I'm Mrs. Wilson. The housekeeper. Mr. Laufeyson isn't at home as of yet, but he instructed me to get you settled and to introduce you to your charge. Come along." Without giving you a chance to reply, Mrs. Wilson turned on her heel and practically skipped up the steps.

Once inside, Mrs. Wilson ordered one of the kitchen maids to bring you some tea. You were grateful. Autumn was upon you and the weather was beginning to turn cold. When you were both situated, Mrs. Wilson sent for your charge. You felt your excitement spike and hoped you would be able to not only teach the girl, but to also get along well with her.

The little girl, no more than seven, came barreling into the room a few moments later. "Ah, Rose, there you are. It is time to meet your new governess. This is Miss Y/L/N." Rose smiled up at you. "Hello, Miss Y/L/N," she greeted with a slightly clumsy curtsy. "Good evening, Rose. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Time passed quickly and yet slowly at the same time. Before you knew it, weeks had passed. Your days were full, although sometimes lonely. Rose was a very bright, albeit excitable child. She took to her lessons well, but you sometimes had to remind her to focus. Whenever she heard any kind of commotion, she would be at the window in her small classroom.

You thoroughly enjoyed your position, but you craved adult conversation. Mrs. Wilson was the only other adult in the manor that seemed to have time to talk to you, but she had her own schedule to keep. And you had yet to meet your employer. He had not returned from his business trip, much to your dismay.

Mr. Laufeyson was a mystery to you. The employees really didn't talk much about him. They only said that he was a generous employer if you did your job well. And that he would often be gone for weeks at a time, like now. You were getting more excited to meet him by the day, but you never expected to meet him the way you did.

Rose had music lessons three days a week and, during those lessons, you had time to yourself. While Rose practiced, you chose to explore the land you were living on. One day, you were out walking when you were approached by a rather large dog. The dog ran laps around your skirts before taking off in the opposite direction. Curious, you followed the beast and found exactly what he wanted you to.

Sitting on the side of the dirt road, was probably one of the most beautifully handsome men you'd ever seen. He had hair as black as a raven that fell slightly in his stunning green eyes. Even though he was sitting, you could tell he was a tall man. Tall and lean. He whistled to the dog before finally looking up at you.

"Are you alright?" you asked as you took a step closer to him. The man assured you that he was. "Of course. A fox spooked my horse and she threw me. I have merely twisted my ankle. It is nothing for you to worry about, Miss." As a teacher and now governess, you had learned to spot when someone was not telling you the truth. And this man was definitely not being honest about how much pain he was in.