Could it Be?(Clorica x Vishnal)

Vishnal was upset. Distressed. Afraid. Anxious. And probably overreacting a bit. Why? Well, his week had gone a little like this:

"Clorica, I have something I'd like to discuss with you!"

"Zzz...."

Then, the next day.

"Clorica, perhaps a date tomorrow...?"

"Zzz..."

And the next day.

"Clorica, I made your favorite apple pie, and I'm truly proud of how it turned out today!"

"Sorry, not hungry..."

The next day.

"Clorica, I have a bit of free time, would you like to—"

"Sorry, going to see Lest."

The next day.

"Clorica I—"

"Sorry, going to see... Lest..."

And perhaps he wouldn't have been so upset if she had gone back to him, but after she fell asleep right in front of him, or rejected his meals, she would go straight to Lest.

Needless to say, he was worried.

And so, Vishnal ended up at Porcoline's restaurant, telling his relationship worries to the other men in town.

"I'm sure it's not as bad as you say," Arthur said.

"Sounds like she's ignoring you so that she can go hand out with Lest," Doug said, shoving a rice ball into his mouth. Dylas slammed the tray in his hand onto Doug's head, glaring down at the dwarf.

"Think before you speak," Dylas snapped.

"So you think so too, Doug?" Vishnal asked softly, his gaze downcast. Everyone else turned to glare at Doug who shrugged.

"It's probably nothing," Kiel piped up, patting the butler on the shoulder.

"Yes, they're probably just planning something," Leon said, and Dylas raised his tray again, prepared to smack him on the head. Leon held up his hand.

"I said planning something. I never said that they were planning something bad."

"What could they be planning?" Vishnal asked. Leon tilted his head, thinking quietly for a moment before shrugging.

"Could be anything." Vishnal sighed.

"It'll be okay," Dylas said.

"Yeah," Doug sat up straighter in his seat. "Even if she does like Lest, he'd never take her from you. He's not like that."

"Doug," Arthur said slowly, "perhaps you should learn how to be more comforting."

"What?"

"Yes, you're right," Vishnal mumbled, staring at the table. "She may not love me anymore, but at least Lest wouldn't betray me... No, if she does love him, I can't hold them back. I.... would have to let her go."

"No, wait, I didn't mean—"

"If it has to be anyone then I would even prefer it to be Lest! He would make her happy!" Vishnal exclaimed, clenching his hand into a fist.

"No, Vishnal, wait—" Doug had truly realized his error now, but it was too late to take it back now.

"Vishnal," Dylas said, "there's no way she'd just toss you like that."

"Mmhmm, he's right. Clorica is definitely in love with you," Leon said, grabbing hold of Dylas's tail as the man walked by. Dylas jumped, color flooding his face.

"Hey, let go!" he snapped, trying to yank his tail out of Leon's grip.

"You really think so?" Vishnal asked, growing hopeful again.

"Positive," Leon replied, tightening his hold on Dylas's tail. He was being supportive towards Vishnal, so it was only natural that he had to tease someone else in exchange.

"Ah, the trials of young love!" Porcoline's exclaimed from where he was behind the counter, stuffing his face while Dylas was still distracted.

"Then, I'll..." Vishnal trailed off, quickly getting to his feet as Lest entered the restaurant. All the heads in the room turned towards him, and he blinked in surprise.

"Uh, hello everyone." And on impulse, Vishnal threw himself at Lest, latching himself onto the man's waist.

"Lest! Is Clorica with you?"

"Not right now..."

"Has she confessed her love to you?"

"What? No, of course not." Vishnal sighed in relief, releasing Lest.

"I'm glad then." The blond haired male smiled awkwardly.

"I get the feeling that I missed something?"

"Vishnal thought Clorica was cheating on him with you," Doug said, and a loud thud rang out through the room thanks to Dylas and his tray.

"He thought what?" A quiet voice spoke up from behind Lest, and he stepped aside, revealing Clorica who held a large plate of curry rice.

"Clorica!" Vishnal exclaimed, running over to her to grab her hand. She titled her head, looking up at him through her lashes.

"Why would I be cheating on you?"

"Well... Lately you've been ignoring me and going to see Lest."

"He's been teaching me how to make curry rice. I know it's your favorite."

"Ah." She held the plate towards him, and he took it gratefully.

"You jump to conclusions too quickly," she said.

"Yes. I'm sorry." She smiled, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay. Try the rice." She noticed everyone's eyes on them and began to usher him outside. Vishnal was to distracted by his relief to notice.

Could it be? It was all a misunderstanding? All this time, Clorica had simply been caring for him?

Now he felt a little silly for acting the way he did.

"I'm sorry for not trusting you," he said. She yawned, shaking her head.

"It's fine. I could've paid more attention to you."

"Well, I'll make sure to never doubt you again," he said, moving the plate of rice to one hand so he could wrap his arm around her and press a kiss to her forehead. She smiled, a soft blush appearing on her cheeks. Then, she yawned again.

"I think I'm going to take a nap. Tell me how the curry rice tastes when I wake up." Vishnal smiled.

"I will." She leaned on him, and he guided her to her room, content with the silence between them that was only disrupted by the quiet sound of her snores.

~~~

In the background, Volkanon was crying tears of joy.

"Ah," he said quietly, "young love."