십팔 : down the rabbit-hole

so many doors, how did you choose?

. . .

"Mad Hatter..." Yugyeom wrote the rest of the characters on a piece of paper, based on what he has already read.

"Red Queen...and of course the white queen. I suppose they're counterparts of each other? like who?" He rotated his board and questioned himself over and over again.

"Hoseok? Suga? They hate each other..." His head tilted to the side, hoping he could understand their differences.

"Oh, yes of course!" His hands bolted to reach the folder of transcripts and police files inside his drawer and arranged them accordingly on the table. On a lengthwise, he jotted down the following information.

Kim Namjoon - avoidant personality
Kim Seokjin - schizophrenia
Min Yoongi - borderline personality
Jung Hoseok - shared psychotic
Park Jimin - PTSD
Kim Taehyung - no record, yet he showed signs of OCD  and has uncontrolled anger
Jeon Jungkook - no record but he has split personalities

He stroked his forehead, meditating over what he wrote. With the list of the characters in Wonderland, he placed them side by side. First, he must know who Alice is.

Alice went down the rabbit hole to follow a white rabbit. How unusual is it to see a rabbit with a pocket watch, and most especially, a rabbit who could talk?

"Alice is delusional, like--" He sighed. "Jin. Perhaps, Alice is a schizo as well, and Wonderland is not just her dream, but rather her other version of reality."

Realizing this, he was optimistic that he could solve the mystery soon. On this board, he scribbled the word Alice on Jin's photo. And in that specific moment, when he becomes aware of the symbolism before him, Yugyeom fell down the rabbit hole and found himself in Jin's wonderland.

"Sir?" Heechul barged into his office; the scent of the wooden walls and ceiling filled his lungs. He stepped nervously on the dirty white floor covered with tiles that were barely glued on the cemented base. His lips parted in thrill and handed the file.

"Updates?"

"I think we might have a lead for the murder. I called the morgue and asked for Jin's autopsy result." He set the record on the cluttered tabletop filled with piled up records and photos and pens.

The situation on top of the table reflected the thoughts of the chief. Everything's a bit of a mess, but still, it makes sense. "And what?"

"They found traces of LSD on the walls of his stomach. This drug could cause hallucinations once taken and the effect could last for 12 hours."

"He was drugged? For what? It doesn't make sense, he's a schizo. His version of reality is a huge 'hallucination' already, why would they drug him?"

"And the blade, sir. It's still negative of the fingerprints of the six boys. Jin inflicted himself. Perhaps, the drug is a part of his sui—"

"Wake up, dumbass! This is not suicide, we're missing something. Thank you for your report, you may leave."

The officer took a step back, with a sign of shame on his face. He left the room, leaving the chief deputy alone in his own chaotic bubble.

Yugyeom shifted his attention back to the book and turned to the next page. Another note has adhered just on the rightmost corner.

chief deputy, we're all mad here

(: