십구 : a friend and a long tale

so much to gain, so much to lose

. . .

"Knock! Knock!" A familiar guy sneaked his way into the deputy's office. How could anyone just get in and out of his room? Does he know how to lock?

He was caught off-guard and turned his board over in a split-second, but it was too late. Yoongi have caught a glimpse of it and giggled when he saw the extreme panic on the deputy's face.

"So you've already identified Alice? That's a good start."

"Why are you here again?"

Yoongi let himself inside and sipped on Yugyeom's cup of coffee. His lips mimicked that of a fish's mouth when his taste buds couldn't handle the bitterness of the drink. The chief crossed his arms and slouched on his chair while Yoongi sat comfortably on the soft chair beside the door.

"I thought you were eager to know the rest of my story?"

"Spill it."

. . .
[Three months ago]

"H--hyung?" Yoongi came to his senses when Jin ceased from crying and fell unconscious on the floor. The next thing he did was rush him to the hospital.

The nurses were loudly chattering about the condition of Jin, who's bleeding uncontrollably on the stretcher's bed. His head was wrapped in a roll of bandage, but it was not enough to hold the blood.

"What happened to the patient?" a female doctor approached and pressed two of her fingers on his wrist, checking on his pulse.

"He's losing too much blood, his pulse is slowing down." She ran her palm on his scalp and applied pressure on it. "Fractured skull. He needs to be operated immediately!" the doctor demanded.

The next thing Yoongi knew, he had fallen asleep outside the ER across the white lifeless hallway. He turned his attention at the information desk by the end of the corridor, where a nurse played with a patient with autism. Opposite them are two adults, a male and a female, trying to comfort each other while cries of grief left their mouths.

"Their kid must've died. Tragic," he whispered to himself.

At a later time, he caught a glimpse of a man with a  hair color like that of a corn, his head was bright blonde and his face was red. Filled with exhaustion, he bent forward with his arm acting as the support of his torso.

"Where's Jin? What happened??!!" Heavy breaths came out of his mouth as he tried to compose his questions. Tears started to accumulate at the edge of his eyes, his lashes getting damp.

"We argued, and now he's inside the operating room," he bluntly said.

"Hyung, what did you do to him?!?!"

"Calm down, at least I didn't kill him. Right?" Yoongi was even more confident to say that. There was no hesitation in confessing what he had done.

"Jimin-ssi!!!" Jungkook's voice resonated all over the place, getting louder and louder with every step he took towards Jimin and Yoongi.

"Jimin! Why did you run away? I had to pay for—"

"Jin's dead," Yoongi cut him off, and he stared at him with a lot of unanswered questions in mind.

"What?!?!"

"Kidding, his skull is fractured and now he's getting a good stitch inside that confinement." He pointed his index finger at the blue, two-doored room at the other end of the hallway.

"Is this a joke to you?!" Jimin snapped at him.

However, the older one didn't seem to care. "Be thankful I sent him here."

"Whatever you did, it almost killed him!!"

"Jimin..." Jungkook held Jimin's arm for he sensed the overwhelming amount of rage within the boy's heart.

"You should get your head stitched up as well because you are twisted and insane."

"Jimin, is that the right way to talk to your hyung?" Jungkook squeezed his arm and gritted his teeth as he uttered those words. What is he doing? Jimin doesn't need his moral lectures right now.

"Wow, since when did you learn a thing or two about respect, Jeon Jungkook?" Yoongi smirked, his eyes fixed on the grip on Jimin's arm. He noticed that he wasn't just holding it, but rather squeezing it until it turned pale and violet. Well, at least Yoongi showed a tad of concern. "Loosen the grip now, Jungkook. You're hurting him."

Jimin whimpered while he tried to shake his hand off.

"Jungkook, I said let go!" The older one stood up and pushed his back against the wall.

"What are you trying to do, huh? Raise the hospital bill by sending another one in?" He went face-to-face with him.

Jungkook spoke no word, but there was grimace on his expressions. "I'm sorry..." he replied softly and lowered his head. "I'm sorry, Jiminie."

. . .

"And then Jimin hugged him after apologizing, that kid is so naive." Back in the office, Yoongi checked the clock before attempting to leave. "Time's up! I'm leaving."

"That's it?" Yugyeom tried to stop him on his way out.

"Don't worry! We'll meet again, chief deputy." He smirked, and the young man replied with a nod.

mad hatter reached a thousand reads
this is so heartwarming :(
thank you so much!!!!!