Baby Boy

Connors PoV

Claire wakes me up at the crack of dawn clearly excited to see what she is calling her little brother. She knows not to refer to him like that around Anna scared of what her reaction could be.

"Good morning to you too bug," I say scooping her up and into my cold bed with me. It was weird to not be sleeping next to the love of your life. Even if it was only one day I couldn't help but miss having someone I loved so much sleep next to me.

"Baby," she says excitedly. We didn't stay long enough to meet the little boy, but just long enough to know they were both okay and healthy.

"In a little while he's probably still sleeping," I tell her glancing at the clock that reads 7:30. Her normal time but for me it had become too early.

"But daddy you said in the morning and it is morning," she says matter of factly to me as I lay her down beside me.

"Yes, it is morning but it's too early for a baby to be awake yet," I lie knowing he's probably been up a few times through the night and really only trying to get myself some more sleep.

"Are you sure," she asks curious as I start to close my eyes.

"I'm sure," I tell her pulling her on to my chest and fall back to sleep. It doesn't take too long before she falls asleep as well because when I wake again she's asleep.

I get up and put her back in my bed as I jump in the shower after the million year long day yesterday. Anna had clung too me up until she actually had to deliver as we both knew I shouldn't be in the room.

I get out and wrap myself in a towel as Claire wakes up.

"Good morning, baby," I say as I go over and rub her back.

"Good morning, Daddy," she smiles sitting up.

"You ready to see baby," I ask her stupidly knowing her exact answer already.

"Yes," she screams.

"Okay, let me get dressed and then I'll help you get ready," I tell her lifting her off the bed to the floor.

"Yes, daddy," she answers running downstairs to watch her cartoons.

I quickly get dressed before grabbing her clothes to change her into before get her to dress herself, particularly, in the living room.

"Okay, ready," I ask her as I stand her up once she's got shoes on.

"What about breakfast," she asks sassily.

"Well I thought we'd pick up breakfast but if you don't want to," I tell her then walking toward the kitchen.

"No, no, no, no, no," she repeats til I turn around to pick her up.

"Okay then," I laugh grabbing her backpack with my phone and keys also in hand.

I get her into her seat before getting into the driver seat. I catch a glance of Aslan in the backyard look miserable.

"One second, Claire," I say getting out leaving the car running before getting his harness so they'll let him in before putting him in the back with Claire.

"Okay, are we ready now," I ask turning around to see As's head in Claire's lap.

"Yep," she answers before I pull out of the drive way and pick up all of us some breakfast.

I try to find the closest parking spot before getting everyone and everything out of the car.

"Claire, stay beside me okay and you gotta wear your backpack I don't have an extra hand," I tell her as she puts her arms through the straps. As jumps out and I grab the box of donuts along with my coffee and Claire's milk before locking the car and heading inside.