Where Are The Heros Now?

Here are descriptions on where our characters directly from KOTLC (aka no OCs yet) are now. This may be added to later on.

Sophie & Fitz
Her mind as been broken for the past 14 years, but before then, she was still pining over her cognate, Fitz, and working to save the world. She and Fitz had built a house together by the sea called "Seaglassbay" and lived in it for two years before her mind broke. They had both decided they weren't ready for love, so they never bothered getting Matchmakers scrolls, but only because they were both afraid they wouldn't be on one another's lists, or that they'd be rejected. They were happy working as Emissaries for the Council, saving the world with the Black Swan, Sophie being a Keeper, Fitz being a mentor at Foxfire, finding sea glass from the beach to add to their collection resting on the mantle, and going to Biana's fancy dinner parties every Friday night.

Sophie's mind broke during one of the biggest battles between the Black Swan and Neverseen in Elvin history, while doing some solo snooping, Sophie finds out that Keefe had betrayed them all along; acting as a triple agent instead of just a double. She feels responsible for being the one to push everyone to trust him, and realizes just how many times their plans had been thwarted because everyone trusted the blond haired snake. Guilt took over her mind in less than an hour, before she could tell anyone Keefe was a spy before her mind broke.

Fitz sits by her bed, healing her mind and making sure she's as comfortable as possible, and that she gets all the medicines she needs at the right times. He had Seaglassbay decked out there all the latest technology in the field of caring for people with broken minds to try and help her get better sooner. He barely sleeps or eats, and only does it when someone comes to force him, because he hates leaving her side. He's exhausted and miserable, wishing he knew why she broke, and if anything he could have said would have changed their circumstances, but most of all, he wishes he had told her he loved her. Maybe that would've saved her... Guilt has crossed his mind a few times, but he always shoves it aside quickly, because Sophie needs him, even though he feels terrible that he can't fix her. This makes him quite bitter and snappish, and though most of it is channeled into talking with the Black Swan about saving Sophie, some of it strays to his loved ones, though they're use to it now... Well... Almost everyone. He's not on the best terms with Grady and Edaline.

Grady & Edaline:
Losing Sophie was just as hard as losing Jolie. They're devastated, they barely sleep, and visit her when they're mentally able to see their beloved daughter in such a state, and her cognate, with whom they fight with every time they go visit. They're upset that he can't fix her, that no one will tell them what's happening, and that the Council ruled that Sophie should stay in her cognate's care instead of theirs at Havenfield. They're jealous and angry at the world, and end up taking it out on Fitz, who has a bone to pick with them as well. They only visit about once a month or so, and were the ones who took the case of where Sophie would stay to the Council, which he still believes is unnecessary. The fights consist of bringing up past faults, the residency case, Fitz's abilities not being good enough, and how the Ruwens are (wrongfully) convinced that Fitz is keeping information about the Black Swan/Sophie's condition from them.

Della & Alden:
Unlike Grady and Edaline, Alden and Della come more often to take care of Sophie. They are the awkward middle ground between the two opposing sides, and try to keep out of the conflict. Della works as the Creative Director for B.V., while Alden still works as an Emissary, though of the late, he's been getting a little Deja vu. He's working on finding Project Moonlark 2.0, and the Black Swan claim to not know where the child is, saying that the family moved without their knowledge, but Alden hasn't been phased by this. He's just determined to find the kid who could potentially save his son's cognate for good, and has been pouring himself into his work, even though he has other projects he needs to work on for the Council as well, which is where Biana comes in.