Nothing could be worse than this..

—  4 years later —
Vera's POV:

I had been living in the Carbonell's house for along time now. I never got much sleep and I wasn't surprised due to the fact that I was forever being tormented by 'Nestor' I'd been starting to think that he's the worst thing that's ever happened to me and there wasn't much that I could do about it.

A ray of light shone through the light pink silk curtains causing me to squint. I let out a sigh. I rubbed my eyes gently and then let out a little yawn, looking around at the beautiful bedroom which was now mine. I smiled, hopefully I wouldn't have to see Nestor today as I was told that I'd be going to a new school, seeing as I am now 17 and things have changed. I needed a fresh start, which would be great as I could finally see if I could find a best friend. I closed my eyes again, trying to snuggle my head down into the soft squishy pillow under my head. I curled into an even tighter ball under a thick comforter. I was so cozy and warm. But then I instantly sat bolt upright as I smelt the delicious blueberry pancakes which Claire often made. Claire and John were both good to me and I was grateful, Sam too is really sweet and he is quite handsome. I blushed to myself at the thought of him, he always made me giggle, he was a year older but he always protected me at the times when I needed him especially if Nestor had something to say. These were the highlights of this household. Nestor however, still managed to get on my last nerve, it was like he did it only to get a reaction out of me and that's what he sure got.

"Vera! Nestor! Sam! BREAKFAST!" Claire shouted from downstairs.

I quickly slipped on some slippers and then placed my hair up into a bun, I looked at myself once more before heading downstairs, it was a beautiful day outside I could see through the glass windows which were placed in the kitchen. I'd never stop wondering at how big this house is; it practically is a mansion. There is a room along the corridor with a fifty-inch TV, not to mention the pool table, and the heated pool outside. Although it wasn't my home it is beginning to feel like a second home. I looked up to see Claire as she gave me a grin,

"How'd you sleep honey?" She asked quietly.

"Great, thank you Claire! The pancakes smell delicious" my eyes filled with delight as I watched her place each pancake onto small separate plates made out of china, she then set out the table placing a jug of orange juice in the middle along with all the silver cutlery aside the plates, everything was so neat.

"Morning mum, morning Vee." Sam gave me a toothy smile as he walked into the kitchen causing me to blush, I loved how he called me Vee it made me feel a sense of home.

"Morning Samuel." I chuckled watching as he sat down at the table, I followed sitting next to him, knowing that he hated it when I called him Samuel.

"Is Vera going to the same school as me and Nestor mum?" Sam asked Claire after he playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"Yes, which is why I need you to show her around as you know what Nestor's like." She pleaded soon leaving the room.

Sam nodded as he looked back at me, straight into my crystal blue eyes, "wow." he muttered under his breath, I looked at him in awe he was everything I ever dreamed of. Although, before I could reply we were both interrupted.

"Get a room.." Nestor scoffed as he both gave me and Sam disapproved looks.

"What's your problem?" Sam asked with anger in his tone.

"Everything." Nestor rolled his eyes as he sat across from me, he looked me up and down as he always did and shook his head, "Vera you never change, you really are something else." He smirked.

"How about you leave her alone and give her a break, or you'll have me to deal with." Sam always stood up for me which made me feel so much more secure.