Chapter Five

Picture to the side is Benjamin Bowers. He's who I would play as Jason, who you'll be meeting in this chapter.

There was also a picture of him in Chapter Four. But this picture is to show you him when he's smiling, and not being so, you know, shirtless. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas and I arrived at the state of California in about eleven hours.

When we picked America as our destination, we forgot to think about the endless states we would have to choose from. We had to step out of line to look up which state was worthy on our phones. We were torn between New York and California, but in the end we crossed out New York because there weren't any beaches there, which was a dead-set requirement. 

We got off of the plane at about five in the morning. I wanted to stay in a motel, but Lucas said he'd bought a room in a hotel already. We sat in the fancy room for an hour, looking up theme parks and exploding in short bursts of excitement from finally living the dream we'd shared for years. (I was doing most of the exploding.)

Lucas promised to pay for everything. He was pretty wealthy because of his dad's business. Neither of us knew what his dad worked as, only that he came home late at night and left early in the morning. Whatever it was that he ran off to, he made a pretty good living doing it.

I refused Lucas's offer to pay for all of my expenses, but he reminded me that I didn't exactly have a choice. I didn't have enough money to buy a burger at Mcdonalds, so how was it even remotely possible to enjoy this expensive trip as a tourist? Even though both of us knew that he was right, I still refused. So we settled on having me pay back every penny when we got back to London.

Lucas found us a place to eat breakfast, and when we were done we didn't exactly know what to do or where to start. We went to the beach and just sat in the waves for an hour, but by that time it was only 9 o 'clock in the morning and we still didn't know what to do. We thought we would need a whole day to get used to the city but we made ourselves quite homy already.

We decided to use our free theme park tickets today. We drove to a place called Six Flags, or Magic Mountain. Just standing in the middle of the park, watching all the people got my heart racing. I was on edge for some reason. I told Lucas about my anxiety and he suggested a ride would fulfill my adrenaline need. 

I stood in line feeling jittery and weird. It smelled like a thousand churro's in the air, which I figured to be typical theme park food. I usually withstood my hunger pretty well, but for some reason I couldn't just stand in line anymore and I had to get my hands on one of those churros.

Lucas stood in line at the Golliath for us while I went churro hunting. But the further I searched for them, the fainter the smell became. I looked like a mad woman, with my arms outstretched like I was doing the thriller, my knees bent while I was frantically sniffing the air around me. 

I eventually lost all traces of the cinnamon filled air and went back to the line, where Lucas was now standing near the front of. The smell became present again, but this time even stronger. I thought that Lucas must have somehow gotten his hands on a churro because the closer I got to him, the more I smelt it. It was like I could feel the piece of bread in my mouth and all over my body. In my fingertips, toes, running through my blood. It was a sensation of want.

Lucas noticed my strange behavior and suggested that I take it easy and ride the Golliath later. He was lined up for the first car of the ride at the front, and he knew that people often got sick from being there. Especially for this ride. So I agreed to sit behind him, but I was still going on the ride.