Chapter Eight

(Back to Logan's POV)

Jason leads us out of the park, driving out in his jeep. I took that time to marvel at his exposed arms through his hollister T-shirt. He turns and looks at me. A small grin forms on his face, poking in a dimple. His cloudy green eyes twinkle.

I didn't know why he was smiling, but it made me smile too.

He put his hand on my thigh and looked back at the road. My smile instantly turned into shock as I looked down, staring at his palm. I wasn't used to being touched intimately, but it felt strangely right. So I rested my hand on top of his.

"I turn the taco," he says.

After a while I finally realize that he was answering my question from before. I laugh, and his grip on my thigh tightens. I stop laughing and look down at his hand. It's so warm and loving, but it makes me feel on edge and nervous at the same time.

I'd finally accepted it. I began to love the feeling.

We sat like that for a long time, not saying anything. If anyone else knew about our situation, they would think we were insane. Well Lucas knows our situation, and he thinks we're insane.

I then realized that I was in a car with a semi-stranger, not knowing where we were headed to.

"Where are you taking us?" I ask. He looks at me with loving eyes that made my heart melt.

"My house. I want you to meet my parents," he said.

I instantly shriek. "Your parents!" I shout. He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Is there a problem?" he asks.

"Yes! There is!" I shout. "I'm underdressed, I just met you, I, don't know a THING about you," I stutter out.

He stops the car.

I look at him, stunned. We were driving on a plain gravel path, with grass on both sides. There was a thick green forest about a mile away ahead of us. "What do you want to know?" he asks.

Stress overtakes my head. There were so many things I wanted to hear from him. I suggested that we just go somewhere and talk for a while, but he laughed and explained that we were already parked, and we should just talk now.

I eventually convinced him to drive to a diner or something. That's when he remembers my vacation-living situation. He immediately drove to the hotel I said we were staying at and picked up all of my things. I wanted to let Lucas know that I wasn't going to be here, but Jason wouldn't let me.

This was the second time I've seen him act overly protective and snappy. It was also the second time I've seen his foresty eyes turn almost black.

I should have been freaked out, but I wasn't. It was like we've dated for months, and he was just acting up again. When really, I'd only met him that day.

I sneak a small note to Lucas on our way out of the room. "I left with Jason, I'll call you later. I promise."

Lucas was going to throw a fit, but I got over it. I needed to be with Jason right now. I didn't know why.

Jason heads down stairs, but instead of leaving, he goes straight to the front desk. A quirky girl stands behind the desk, twirling one of her blonde low-pony tails. "How may I help you?" she asks, with a strong southern accent.

I have no idea what Jason was doing. "I'd like a suite," he says. She looks at him, and then at me.

"Two suites?" she asks, tapping her acrylics on the marble table.