Chapter Six

The car goes through a series of turns and loops. I was screaming a blood-curdling screech at the shock of the big drop, but as soon as the boy puts his arms around me, I feel invincible. 

His large arms embrace me as everyone around us screams and whoops. I sigh at the comfort of his skin against mine. 

Then he whispers in my ear, "What's your name?" while still embracing me.

I practically scrawk my name out to him against the wind, Logan Olivia Prescott.

He makes a noise that sounds like a mixture of purring and saying 'hmmm' as a response.  I realized that I still don't know him. "Who are you?"

He's still embracing me, but his head leaves my neck and is now in front of me. His sharp gray-green eyes look at me with the same intesnity as before. "I'm Jason Kyles. Alpha of the Dark Wood pack," he says with his edgy-soft voice.

We go through a few loops and sharp turns as we speak. Did I just hear that right? "What do you mean?" I shout through the wind.

His eyes widen. It looks like he's having a conversation in his head that I'm dying do hear. He finally speaks, "I need to leave the park with you, now," he says in my ear during a slow turn.

"What? I don't even know you!" I say. He immidiately shoots his eyes at me. 

"Yes, you do." He says in a commanding tone. I stare at him through a few more hills and drops, until the ride is finally over.  

We returned to the ride's starting point. All of our protection grips were raised into the air, all except for Jason's. 

I stare at his loosely hanging protection garment in shock. During the ride, I only enjoyed his embrace. Now I knew that he was only able to embrace me because he wasn't wearing his gaurd. Wasn't he scared that he would fall out? Why didn't he fall out? How did his garment even break?

A series of questions run through my mind until a hand pats my shoulder. I turn around to see Luke holding his arm out to me. I grab it, but before I can stand up Jason yanks me back into the car with  him. He's making a sound with his throat, like a low, animal noise. It almost sounds like he's growling. 

Jason's eyes go from their stormy-green eyes to a dark, dark shade. I can't tell if they were always that dark or if he had some genetic quality that made them change colors.

Everyone in the line turns to look at me. They're probably thinking, why isnt this girl getting out of the car?

Lucas is standing over me holding out his hand, while Jason has me in his grasp, snarling at Lucas. We're the only ones left in the area.

Eventually the announcer asks that we step out, but Jason says we're not moving until Lucas backs up. Luke puts his hands up and takes sarcastic steps back. Slowly, Jason rises from the car and picks me up, carrying me to the floor. A few people in line mutter some things while some girls are whining about how cute Jason is. I snap my head torward them. I may have only known him for one Golliath ride, but it was clear that this boy was mine. 

His arm is around me as we walk to the exit. Everything is quiet as we walk, and I can feel the redness surfacing my cheeks. People start filling the car again, and eventually chatter continues. 

Lucas tries to talk to me but Jason just shoots a glare at him to tell him to be quiet. I wonder why this guy is so protective of me. Lucas was my best friend. And he wasn't interested in girls. So where's the threat? 

I rub Jason's muscular arm. "Jason, relax. He's my best friend." I say. He growls even louder. What was with him? Was he some dog who growls whenever he gets mad?

"He's not your best friend anymore," Jason says. Me and Lucas both look at him now.

"What? You can't do that, we just met," I say.

He's still glaring at Lucas while he talks. "I can, and I will. You, you don't ever come near her again ,or I swear I will kill you in a heartbeat." he said, pointing at Lucas. I was so surprized by Jason's behavior. It was nothing like the gentle caresses he gave me on the ride. 

"Jason. Lucas is gay." I say bluntly. Jason snaps his head at me, then to Lucas, then back to me. 

"Are you sure?" he asks. I roll my eyes, nodding.

Lucas looks more confused than ever. "Logan, who is this guy?" 

I sighed, knowing he wouldn't understand. "Lucas, this is Jason." I said. 

He raises his eyebrows at me. "And how did you two meet exactly?" he asks, stretching out all of his words.

"Just now, on the ride." I said. I tried to ignore the "wow" look Luke was giving me.

"You got a boyfriend while on a ride in an amusement park," he says slowly, accusingly. 

When he says it like that, yes, It was ridiculous. But I just nod my head at him. 

"Logan, let's go, I think you really are sick," he says while grabbing my wrist. Jason yanks his hand away and growls louder than ever. For some reason Lucas doesn't back up, he just matches Jason's glares. 

I stand between the two. "Stop it." I command. The glares just go on. "Lucas, I think I need to talk to him for a while. Maybe all day, even. I promise I'll be back at the hotel tonight to explain everything to you. Right now is kind of important," I say.

Jason snaps his head at me. "You are not staying overnight with another man in a hotel," he snarls. I had just met him and we were already having relationship issues.

"Logan, I'm not going to let you roam around California with a guy you met on a ride and then trust you'll come back later. It's not safe. Just get the guy's number and then let's leave," Luke says. Jason, of course, is growling again. 

"No Luke. I know what I'm doing. I know that I can trust him. I just know." I say. I tug on Jason's wrist.

"I'll see you later," I say, lightly waving at him. He looked in between shocked and worried. When I come back late tonight, he'll see that I'm perfectly fine. 

I lead Jason and I away from the Golliath area until me and him are alone. 

"We need to get out of here," I say. "We need to talk." 

It blew my mind how much I trusted him, how comfortable I was with him, and how I knew him so much already. It was like he was my other half.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really loving writing this. It's so much fun.

Vote and comment! 

Much love,

Eun