CHAPTER 20.

A painful pounding to the side of my head made me regain some consciousness. I heard some muffled sobs on my right side and someone mumbling to themselves over and over. Apart from that the machines in the room seemed more louder and irritating than before. I opened my eyes to glare at anything on sight but the blinding lights in the room was too much.

I closed them tightly,hissing a little from the tiny pain the lights left behind. "Maria?" Someone said slowly. The voice was familiar to me and I just mumbled,"Jody?".
"Yes love its me," she said sniffing.
"Were you crying you big baby?" I asked her chuckling while my eyes were still closed. 
"Yes,"she laughed throatily,"but I always cry for good reasons,"she defended.
" Sure like that time you cried because my food was too delicious?" I asked her feeling a little drowsy.
She laughed again,her hand stroking my hair soothingly.
" Yes it was too delicious not to be gifted with my tears,"
"Jody?" I called again feeling myself losing consciousness again. She mumbled an answer,"mmh,"
"I remember who I am and my parents," I said before drifting into  the welcoming darkness.

************************************
JODY'S POV

Dave and I were heading to the hospital when I heard my phone vibrating in my bag. I reached for it the caller id said  it was George and I answered it with a smile.
"Jody,"he said sobbing. My smile instantly dropped and fear clutched its claws in my heart.
"What's wrong?" I answered back my voice a little bit wobbly which alarmed Dave and he pulled over at the side of the road.
"Jody,I...I..I..found her,"he said hiccuping.
"Found who George? You're not making any sense,start from the top,"I told him slowly.
"I found her. Lindsay. Jody I found my baby girl. I found Lindsay. Come to the hospital.where Maria's room is now," he said his words rushed. He hunged up before I reacted.
The information quickly sunk in and my heart beat increase. Tears were glossing my eyes and my phone was still in my hand. I felt frozen in time. Dave was talking to me but I felt blood rushing in my ears.
"He found her. He found Lindsay," I mumbled.
"Honey I can't understand you. Talk a little bit louder," Dave said.
"Dave,George found Lindsay. He finally found her," I said to him. My mind having finally managed to function.
" He did! Where is he?" He asked. I could feel his excitement for my brother.
"He's at the hospital. He told us to hurry. I can't believe we finally found her. Dave he found her. He found my niece." I was having trouble keeping my tears at bay. I was crying and laughing  at the same time.

Dave drove the car like a deranged maniac and within five minutes we were at the hospital. We went in the elevator which took us to Maria's floor. I went in her room where I found George looking at her like rare gem he finally discovered.
"George?" I called him slowly. He turned to me and gave me a teary smile.
"Jody,I found her. She was under our roof all along. Maria is our Lindsay. Jody I found her," He said never casting his glance away from Maria.
"what?,"I found my self breathlessly asking,"What do you mean Maria is Lindsay brother? How?"
"I came in earlier to visit her. Her smile and resemblance to Gloria always shocked me. So I brought her flowers,lilies,Glorias favourite. She smiled at me and I almost cried. We talked for a while and she asked why I always looked at her with so much familiarity or we have ever met. I told her she reminded me of my wife and she asked about her so I told her everything. From how we met to how I lost her and Lindsay.

When I finished my story,she was crying,clutching her head and calling me father over and over again. At first I wasn't sure if she was calling me that. But then she called me what Lindsay would always call me when she was small. Jody she called me 'Pagy' a short form for papa George. By then the nurses had induced her with a sedative so she lost consciousness. I told the doctors to do a DNA and the results will be out tomorrow morning. But I have no doubt that she's my baby girl," George narrated never once looking away from Maria....I mean Lindsay.

I was so happy I just cried. I had Lindsay with me all along. That's why I always felt a connection with her from the day we found her on that ship. Am just glad it was her and not anybody else. We just have to wait for her to wake up and ask her what she remembers. A hissing sound made me look towards Maria's bed. I rushed and held her hand and called her,"Maria?"
she called my name sleepily,"Jody?"
"Yes love its me,"I sniffed.
"Were you crying you big baby?" She asked while chuckling slowly.
"Yes.but I always cry for good reasons," I lamely defended myself. My hand was stroking her wild curls.
" Sure. Like that time you cried because my food was too delicious," she asked. I couldnt help but laugh at that. Even when half conscious she still makes fun of me.
"yes,it was too delicious so i gifted it with my tears,"
"Jody?"
"mmh"
"I remember who I am and my parents,"she said before loosing consciousness.
"Welcome back my sweet niece,"I said to no one in particular. My eyes brimming with unshed tears again.