CHAPTER 38.

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm and I hit the snooze button. I smile at myself knowing I was to get five more minutes of sleep. I am almost back to sleep when my door is banged on extremely hard. I jump in fright on my bed and clutch my chest where my poor heart was beating painfully on my chest.
"Lyn! Lyn! goddammit Lyn open the freaking door. Lyn!" The voice is suspiciously familiar hence I choose to ignore it.
The banging stops and I smile in victory. Dreamland is just a touch away when freezing cold water is poured on me. I chock on some of it as I wake up in fright. My eyes wide in shock looking for the culprit. They land on a smirking Jody who is too happy with her deed. How did she even open my door. She dangles the spare house keys and  I give her a death glare not caring we haven't seen each other in weeks. I stand up slowly calculating on ways I was going to sock her in the face after spearing her down the stairs and ...woah that was totally violent.
"Oh please, you can murder me later, you have two hours until your date. So I suggest you hurry up and take the much required hot shower, " she says shooing me towards my bathroom.
"Date?" I ask confused before I remember everything that had happened yesterday and sprint away from her towards my bathroom.
"Oh My God, what time is it?" I rashly ask.
"Eight thirty. Now shoo while I find something  for you to wear, " She says.
I go to the bathroom and start doing my business when Jody asks,
"What did he say you should wear?"
"Casual, " I shout through the sound of the water from the shower head. I finally finish everything and leave to go dry and tame my wild curly hair. I find Jody rummaging my drawers and ask,
"What you looking for?"
"A dress, " she says absent mindedly.
I freeze for a moment.
" A dress? Why?" I ask slowly.
" Because you can never go wrong with a dress. He said casual, so maybe a cute summer dress would do, " she rambles on. Maybe she doesn't remember or she is acting ignorant but I bet she doesn't realize what she said.
"Jody?" I ask
" Yes, " she answers while still rummaging through my stuff.
"I can't wear dresses, " I say trying my best to act nonchalant but failing miserably when my hands start shaking.
"Nonsense,everyone and anyone can wear dresses, " she says flicking her hand in a dismissive way. I can't believe she doesn't remember. But I don't blame her. Its not her fault she cant remember the reason why.
" You don't remember do you? " I say to her. Trying my best not to let my voice break. She notices my mood and looks at me. Confusion is written all over her face and eyes.
"Remember what dear?" She says softly coming and standing close to me.
"Why I can't wear dresses. The scars, " I whisper. She gasps and tears fill her eyes.
"Am so so sorry Lyn. I totally forgot. Oh my gosh. Am a horrible person. I didn't mean to remind you. Its just that you have been so happy the past couple of months that I forgot how horrible it was for you before. I was so happy that Antony finally asked you out that I did not realize how  insensitive I was. Am sorry, ",  she was hugging me while crying and I just hugged her back trying to calm her down. I did not blame her. It was true, I was happier and sometimes I also forgot the scars. That's until I take a shower and everything comes rushing back. But I have learnt to move on  from it. I've shoved everything to the back of my mind and decided to make new memories.

After Jody comes down, she helps me do my hair and we finally choose an outfit. A black chiffon top, a cute blue high waisted washout jeans and my favorite shoes, black combat boots. My hair was in its natural curls but tamed and I had very minimal make up on. Am speaking about only some foundation, mascara and nude red lipstick.
We head towards the dining to take some breakfast but before I sit down, a guard, I presumed he was new because I hadn't seen him around, told me that Antony was waiting for me infront if the gates. I hug Jody goodbye and follow the guard out. My phone is in my back pocket, and I have with me some cash on my denim jacket. I see him leaning on his black Lamborghini looking like Edward cullen and I smirk at that. Edward sparkled while Antony was the sun itself. His pale skin looked more pale and his blue eyes even bluer. He wore black jeans and a grey T-shirt  that snuggled his biceps as if their lives depended on it. He was eyeing me from head to toe and I felt self conscious.
"You look beautiful, " he said when I reached him. I blushed and said a thank you for I was not used to compliments.
He opened the car door for me and I smirked, "mhm since when were you a gentleman, "
"Am always a gentleman, " he answered arrogantly.
I roll my eyes at that. Securing my safety belt he starts driving.
"Where we going?" I ask.
"On a date, " He says teasingly.
" I know that, but where?" I ask with a sigh.
"Out, " he says. He was hiding a smile knowing he was annoying me.
"Out where?" I ask none the less.
"On a date, " he says. He looks at me grinning knowing my temper was slowly rising due to his answers. But its like I never learn for I just ask,
" I know we are going out on a date Antony, but where are we going specifically? " I elaborate hoping he wouldn't have a smartass answer but I was wrong.
"Everywhere that's anywhere, " he says through a chuckle and I finally decide to keep my mouth shut.  He laughs and I find myself staring. He never laughs. Only chuckles and when I get the chance to hear his hearty laugh, I always stare, cherishing it never knowing the last time I would hear it.