"Nightmares Suck"

I was just getting out of work and it was a long day. I walked into my house and was greeted by my dog, Jax. "Cody I'm home!" I yelled, but there was no reply. "Cody?!" I yelled again, but still no reply. I walked into the kitchen and saw Cody, lying on the floor, bleeding. I froze. 'What if whoever did this was still in the house?' I thought to myself. I grabbed my cell phone and hid in the closet and dialed 911.

"911 What's your emergency?" the operator asked. "Hi, I just got home from work and my boyfriend was killed and I think the person might still be in my house. There is noise coming from upstairs." I said. "Alright ma'am. Were sending police over with and ambulance right now. Where are you right now?" she asked. "I am hiding in a closet down stairs." I said. "Is the kitchen close to you?" she asked. "Yes." "Go quickly to the kitchen and grab something to protect yourself. Then, go straight back to the closet and stay their until officers arrive. They are almost there." She said. "Okay." I said. "I will be on the phone with you the whole time." she said.

I slowly opened the door and peered around both corners. I didn't see anyone, so I made a break for the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the holder and headed back to the closet. When I turned around, a tall man, in all black standing in the kitchen. "He found me." I said. "Okay, the officers and ambulance are almost there just do what he says." the operator spoke. I swallowed and let out a shaky breath.

The guys rushed over to me and grabbed me by the hair stabbing me in the abdomen and threw me to the floor beside Cody. I screamed in pain and clawed at the guy, trying to get anything I could for DNA or whatever.

Next thing I knew, there were officers around me yelling at me as I was in the brink of passing out.

"Y/N! Y/N!" They yelled, shaking me violently.

I woke up breathless and screaming, struggling to get away from whoever was holding me.

"Shhh. Y/N. It's okay, It'e me Cody.." he said, holding me to his chest. I looked up and immediately calmed down. I wrapped my arms around him and let out a shaky breath.

"Another nightmare?" he asked. I nodded, "Nightmares suck." I said, laying my head on his chest. "I'm right here baby, go back to sleep." He whispered, kissing my forehead. And just like that, I was back into a deep, deep sleep.