"Why wouldn't you tell me?"

I had just gotten to the hospital. I had just been in a terrible accident. "Ma'am, is there anyone you can call and let them know you're okay?" The nurse asked. I nodded and picked up my phone to call my boyfriend, Cody.
"Hey babe." I said, coughing. "Babe? What's wrong?" He asked, worried. "Nothing, I'm okay. I'm just calling to tell you that I was in an accident and that they are taking me to the hospital to make sure I'm okay." I said. "I'm in my way." "No Cody, I'm fine." I said. "Y/N, I am coming down there and seeing you for myself.." he said. "..what room are you in?" He asked. "Room 216." I said and hung up the phone.
I was in a more rough state than he thought. I had cuts in my arms, legs, and face. I had bruises on my cheeks and stomach. Cody was not gonna be happy about this-the fact that I lied to him about my condition. After I was settled in my room, they ran some tests. I was fine, just the cuts and bruises which should heal but they're keeping me overnight just in case.
About and hour later, I heard running feet down the hallway. "Y/N?!" I heard. I then heard him run into the room. "Y/N, I thought you said it wasn't bad." He said, his chest heaving, trying to catch his breath. "I didn't want you to worry, Cody. You've already been stressed enough lately and I didn't wanna add to it." I said. I felt bad for lying to him but it's the truth. He was already stressed about work and I didn't wanna add to the pile.
"Why wouldn't you tell me?" He asked, walking over to the side of the bed, pulling up a chair and grabbing my hand. "You've been stressed for the last month baby. I am sorry I didn't tell you, but I just didn't wanna ad to your existent stress and have you worry about me." I said, squeezing his hand.
"I love you Cody." I said, smiling.
"I love you more." He said, giving me a slow, sweet kiss.