seven

-zoe
I haven't seen Ethan ever since Gala threatened me. I'm too scared to. I did hear that Ethan is out of hospital and staying with his friend while his mum recovers. His dad has gone to trial for his crimes towards his family. Other than that I'm just sitting in my room playing my guitar and singing some random lyrics to get my mind off things and I needed to get my mind off Ethan right now. Hopefully Gala can't read minds cause otherwise I'd be in some deep trouble since I can't associate or even know Ethan what so ever. I hear a knock on the door and  get up walking out of the room and downstairs. It's currently the weekend and my mums out with some friends and my dad is working so that leaves me home alone with no one. I walk into the lounge and look through the window closest to the door to see who it is. My breath hitches as I see someone I didn't want to see. Ethan. I argue with my mind weather or not I should open the door. 'Gala isn't here so she won't know', 'don't open it anything could happen'. Screw it. I walk over to the door unlocking it and turning the handle and swinging it wide open. "Uhh hi", Ethan says looking up at me. His eyes are so gorgeous. Ugh stop it Zoe. "Hey", I say a little too awkwardly. We stand there for what seem like forever before I invite him in. "Would you like to come in", I ask. He nods and steps inside. I close the door behind me and lock it. Ethan and I go up to my room and he sits on my bed while I sit on my desk chair. "So what are you doing here", I ask getting curious. "Uhh I just wanted to say thank you for being there for me these past couple of days when no one was, I really appreciate it", he softly speaks while looking at the ground. "Anytime", I speak not really knowing what to do now. There was a few minutes of silence that was really uncomfortable cause I didn't know what to do. Suddenly Ethan looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "I know what Gala said to you, I'm really sorry for that, if I had known she was going to do that I would have held her back from it, I've told her it wasn't right of het to do that since you where there for me", Ethan wipes the tears away from his eyes. "H-how did you find out", I say while stuttering a bit. "My friend Chris told me, he saw the whole thing", I look away from Ethan and at the wall in furthest away from me. I feel a few tears fall down my face but quickly try and wipe them away before Ethan sees. Which absolutely did not work one bit because I saw him getting up and walking over me. He stands in front of me and lifts me up while wrapping his arms around my waist. "It's okay, I'll deal with her", he whispers softly into my ear. I nod my head for no apparent reason. We stand there for a few minutes just holding each other in our arms. "I should go, I'm going to go visit my mum", Ethan says while untangling ourselves from each other.
I walk him to the door and we bid our goodbyes. I close the door once he walks out and that's when the tears fall. Why is he sticking up for me against his own girlfriend?
It's doesn't make sense. Just because I helped him he feels committed to standing up against his own girlfriend just to protect me from getting hurt.
I head back upstairs drowning myself in my own puddle of tears.
I look on my phone and see that there is a message from a random number. I go onto it and read the message. 'Wow getting Ethan to talk to me, wrong move sweetie'. I read it over and again knowing who it's from. Gala.
How did she get my number though.
Not really anyone has my number except for Blake. Did he give her my number? He wouldn't would he?
All these thoughts that I'm thinking are hurting me so much that I eventually just couldn't stop breaking down.
I look over at my desk and see a piece of paper just about to fall off the desk. I quickly walk over and save it before it fell down. I scan my tear filled eyes through the text and see that it's not just a random piece of paper. It's a phone number. Ethan's phone number. He must have wrote it before he left. It read.
'Please call me if you need anything -Ethan'
I picked up my phone and dialed his number.
I really needed to hear his voice right now.
I press call and wait for him to answer.
(Phone call - Z- zoe E-Ethan)
E-hey who is this?
Z-hey Ethan it's me zoe
E-oh hey so I see you saw the note I left
Z-yeah I did
E- what's wrong you sound odd
Z-I received a message from Gala and I have no idea how she got my number cause no one has it except for Blake.
E-wait Blake as in the guy who showed you around Blake
Z- yeah
E- zoe you shouldn't have trusted him, he's friends with Gala so he probably gave her your number, what did the message say?
Z-it said that I apparently went to you about the little thing at school and she also said that it was the wrong move, but I didn't even tell you about what happened chris did.
E- don't worry zoe I'm gonna figure this out, I'll come over later on to see how you are okay?
Z- okay thank you Ethan
E- anything for you
Z- bye
E-bye
(End of call)
I hang up and instantly blush at what he said. Anything for me...

follow instagram- kiwikarpathy