Spencer Reid

A/N: I got Season 1 as a gift and started watching it again. And man, I am so triggered right now...

This one is quite long. Soz not soz.

The Woman Reid Loved

2005

The year they recruited her.

I mean, many were recruited that year, for example. . .

Elle Greenaway

Penelope Garcia

Jennifer Jareau

But there was another one that was recruited.

Amelia Johnson.

Amelia was different, however.

She was the youngest in the team. . .

She was the second smartest in the team. . .

She was Amelia Johnson. . .

The Woman Reid Loved.

***

The first time they saw her was on the case of the school fire at a university.
   She was a member in the science group who knew how the fires went.
   She sat at the back - further back than the Unsub during the time. She didn't join in on the conversation like the other students. She just watched them and the small BAU team at the time. Observing them. Listening to the profile they were given. Reid noticed it too late but he noticed.

She knew who the killer was.

And he instantly knew he was going to be seeing her more often.

***

They brought Amelia in while they searched through Karen's information, asking questions about the OCD girl. Reid was the one who questioned her, since they were around the same age - surprisingly only a year apart from each other.
   And unexpectedly, she helped the team a lot. Not only did she give them a profile on Karen, she stopped Karen from burning three other students by gently talking to Karen. That's when they knew she had to join the team. And she proved them right. She was a great addition to the team.

***

"Cut the red wire." Bale told them with a smirk. She narrowed her eyes at him. Something wasn't right. Gideon asked him again to be sure. Before Gideon could tell them to cut the red wire, Amelia snatched the walkie talkie from him.
   "Cut the blue one."
   "Amelia!" Hotch barked; him, Gideon, and Bale looking at her in surprise. "What are you doing?"
   "Are you sure?" the man from the other side asked. Amelia responded while keeping eye contact with Bale, the man glaring straight back at her.
   "Cut the blue one."

And they were saved.

"How did you know?" Gideon asked her while Hotch roughy escorted Bale away.
   "What Spencer told me about when you spoke to Bale. How he wouldn't pass it up if it came to pressing the button." she shrugged nonchalantly. "I was just taking his word." Gideon quirked a small genuine smile.