Chapter 1

Copyright 2014 Lillian Watson. All rights reserved. This novel may not be reproduced, edited, copied, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way.

}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{

Hi guys!! I'm Lillian (but you can call me Lilli!) and this is my first book! I'm pretty excited to

upload it, because I reallyyyyy loved writing this and I hope other people do too.

Lilliiiii xoxo

}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{

CHAPTER 1

I open the rusty window to gleaming daylight and scowl at it. The blue sky is clear of clouds and it's all too pleasantly warm. I change from my purple pyjamas to have a shower. Ow! The pants are caught on my shin again. I have a broken bar and it interferes with EVERYTHING. A bar is like a bone to humans. Not that there's any left on this earth.

I live in a world where everyone is a robot. Not like the robots you know about, made completely of metal with no mind or emotion, just serving humans its whole life. No, these robots have personality and look just like a human, but rock solid and INVINCIBLE. That's why no one expected my sudden break.

I was being my daring self, venturing out of town when I saw some human buildings. Old and ruined of course, but you could just imagine hundreds of them walking around nonchalantly, minding their own business, enjoying life.... And getting hurt.

Life would seriously suck to be human - every little thing would be a danger to get hurt. But now, after the huge hurricane that wiped out their whole race, robots can't be hurt....so they thought.

I was looking at the ruins, fascinated by how unwell-kept they were when I heard a metal beam creaking above me. I figured if it fell I wouldn't get hurt anyway, so I ignored it and started forwards. When BANG! the beam hit my leg. And it hurt like a mother.

I couldn't figure out WHY I was feeling pain and was so overwhelmed by it that I screamed. I screamed so loud, louder than I had ever before.

Aren't I supposed to be invincible?! I dinged my friend, Rin, with my eye projector, in hope that she would come out to the ruins to try to save me. But the message failed. I had no one to save me now but myself. I had to try.

I tried pulling up the beam which was easy because of my super robot strength but boy, my leg hurt. I clenched my teeth so tight, I could swear they would fall out. I shoved the beam away from me and inspected my wound. I had a broken bar.

How is this possible? That pain was beyond anything I thought it would be.

I opened my eye projector and watched the virtual screen light up in front of me. I selected 'Shop'. I had plenty of money so I bought a HoverSerum. It immediately popped up in the air in front of me and I grabbed it quickly and drank up.

Almost instantly I started to rise from the the awkward and painful position I was in and above ground.

I said to the glasses, 'Take me to Iowa, lot 73.519, Allen-Amanda circuit'. And I flew so fast I didn't have time to register the pain of my stuffed up leg flailing behind in my wake.

I still don't know why that happened, why I felt pain. The doctor wouldn't tell me. He only said that he couldn't fix it. Now I just use it as a battle scar, show it off to my closest, trustworthy friends and receive weird looks from strangers (which I deliver back).

I get teased for its ugliness on a daily basis, but I don't let it phase me.

I quickly shower in the Interior Nicro, which is, but somehow isn't water (because then we'd be electrocuted obviously).