Chapter One: Social Butterfly.

It's the first day of school and I'm nervous. I have done this kinda thing many times before but I still feel those damn butterflies in my stomach.

Ok Riley just breathe.

They just people like you.

Only new.

I hate people.Especially new ones. This self calming situation clearly wasn't working.

"What did we agree on sweetie?" asked my dad right after dropping the last box to my room.
"I'm going to work hard," I replied blankly.

"And?"

"And I'll make the family proud"

"And?"

I sighed. "And I'll join you and mum in the family business when I'm done"

"Good.I love you sweetie.Everything is going to be just fine"

"Thanks dad, I love you too!"

I watched him leave and somehow I felt at peace but also I wanted him to stay. He was the only sense of familiarity that I had.

I sighed again.

Great! Now I have boxes to unpack.

"Oh my gosh! I have a roommate!" Somebody squealed from behind me and before I knew it, my body was in a tight hold. I could feel my lungs giving up when the person finally let go.

I gasped for air. I turned around and saw a very excited blonde staring at me with bright blue eyes.

"Hi. I'm Maddy and it is very nice to meet you..."

"Riley"

"Riley! I'll be your roommate. We are gonna have so much fun"

She hugged me again and screamed. For my ear's sake I hope she's not always like this.

"So you just got here," Maddy said as she looked around the room at my many boxes.

"Yeah, now I have like ten thousand boxes to unpack," I said very sarcastically.

"No, stop exaggerating. They're more like a thousand boxes," she shrugged.

I tried to fight away the smile that was forming on my face but failed.

"Don't worry, that's why you have me here. I'll help you. And maybe we can even get to know each other better, you know, make sure you're not some serial killer or something,"

"Thanks," I smiled at her and she smiled back.

One by one we unpacked the boxes arranging in between stories and laughing. I actually liked her. Yes she was definitely too perky for me but it did not matter so much.

"So when did you get here," I asked her after I realised that her side of the room was already well arranged. It had a lot of bright colours. Her bed had a pink and purple duvet with a fluffy red carpet on the floor next to her bed. Her closet had mostly sun dresses and other bright coloured tank tops.

Wow.

The outfit that she had on was actually less perky looking than the rest of her clothes. She wore a white tank top and a pair of faded blue jeans. Nice and simple.

"I came here yesterday. Yeah I know what your thinking, why come a day earlier? Well that's simple, I just love school and I was already done with my summer bucket list what else was I supposed to do at home? Stay and talk to my family? Who does that anyway," she said as she unpacked my framed pictures and place them on my study table.