Chapter Five: She was a strong one.

Riley's POV

"Bugs and Lola?"

I sighed. "No"

I was listening to Maddy and Liv suggest costumes for me to where with Damon. But all of them were just not for me. Actually the whole idea of dressing up wasn't something I wanted to do but since it made my friends extremely happy, why not?

We had been shopping for hours after lunch for the perfect costumes. Many people were shopping, not just us. I wouldn't be surprised if we ran into Kara at some point.

"Jack and Jill?" Liv asked me as she held up a small bucket with the name Jill.

"Went up the hill? No!"

"This is perfect for you! Double-stuffed oreos!" Maddy chimed from the other side of the store.

Oreos. Sure. But double-stuffed oreos meant that we had to be together all night. What if he wanted to use the bathroom? I wasn't ready to see that.

"You know I love anything with oreo in it but no," I watched as the smiles on their faces slowly faded into disappointment.

"Ugh! You're so difficult!" Liv said as she continued looking through more costumes.

"Why don't you want this?" Maddy asked me with concern in her voice. It almost made me feel bad because they were trying so hard to find a costume for me.

"Because we'd have to be together all night"

"So?"

"So... I don't want that"

"Really? Normal people would want that you know? But it's fine I'll just keep looking. I'm sure you'll find one you like. If not? Your going in a plain white t-shirt with an arrow that says 'I'm with him',"

"Fine," I didn't argue. The only reason we were there for too long was because I was too choosy.

"Fred and Wilma?"

"That's actually a really good one but no"

Liv rolled her eyes at my comment and I could tell she was getting impatient.

It really wasn't my fault that I didn't want to dress up in the first place.

"Mickey and Minnie?"

I looked at the Minnie costume. It was a red skirt with white polka dots, a black turtleneck with black leggings and yellow boots. And of course the minnie ears and bow.

Honestly I liked it better than Fred and Wilma. It wasn't a bad costume. It was cute and easy to pull off and it would be hard for me to look bad in it unlike the Lola costume.

"She's not going to want it Madds," Liv said as she took it out of her hand to put it back on the rack.

"Actually... it's really cute." I told her right before she put it back and her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Really?" They asked in unison.

"Yeah it's nice and I'm tired of shopping"

"Great! Well finally! Damn girl you are a hard person to shop for! I think I'll just give you a hug on your birthday," Maddy said as we walked to the counter to pay for the costume.

"So now it's time to shop for you Liv"

"Ah, mine is simple. I already know what I want and I already ordered it so I just need to go pick it up from the store. You guys should probably go on without me." She said as she walked to the store.

"Do you know what costume you want?"

"Jack and Rose"

"From Titanic?"