Chapter Four: Asshole Repellant.

Riley's POV

"By the way Lucas might be joining us for lunch," Maddy said as she tried to keep down the excitement that sentence gave her.

"Who's Lucas?" Liv asked with her mouth full of chili fries.

We were at Joey's Burgers. The place that started our little friendship.

"The guy she met at the party,"

Maddy never liked talking about Lucas because she didn't want us to make fun of her. It was really cute how she would react to just the sound of his name.

"Yeah we met at the party,"

"Was there another party I don't know of or-?"

"Nope! It's the same party Riley spilled soda on Kai"

I hadn't told her about Kai either. I just.. didn't find the right moment. Which is why she had such a confused look on her face.

"Exactly how drunk was I that I missed all that?"

"Hey guys!"

And there he was. Lucas. I could tell by the way he looked at Maddy that it was him. His gorgeous green eyes flashed with happiness as he sat next to her. He had beautiful brown hair, perfectly cut. He wore a white v-neck t-shirt which brought out his eyes.

But he wasn't alone. His friend, there was something about his brown eyes that reminded me of pools of chocolate, they were brown, smooth and creamy. His skin was probably a caramel colour. Maybe slightly darker than caramel. He was tall and slim and his curly hair had a rich black colour.

And then he smiled exposing his beautifully aligned teeth. A smile that was just so sincere, so genuine. He looked down for two seconds and back up again. Our eyes met and for a second I felt like everything and everyone had disappeared. The smile on his face showed just a little bit of shyness. It sent an unexpected surge of warmth and happiness all through my body.

"Hey! Damon! Hey!" Lucas said as he snapped his fingers in front of his face.

We were both in our own little world to realise that everybody else was still there. My cheeks were burning up. I could feel the red colour spreading from the back of my neck to my cheeks.

God I hope nobody nobody notices.

But obviously somebody had to notice. Liv nudges me with her shoulder and whispers, "Hey mate? You've got a little red.. well.. all over your face,"

I could feel the red hotness creep up my cheeks again. I had to get up. I had to leave before it got worse.

I whispered to Liv, "I'll be right back"

I went to the bathroom and tried to calm myself down.

Come on Riley, you're looking like an idiot out there.

I rinsed my face and was ready to go before some people walked in.

Kara?

Well... it was Kara and someone else. Somebody who looked familiar but I was sure I had never seen her before.

"You just need to touch up your makeup," Kara told the girl as she unzipped her makeup bag.

"But he hasn't called me back from the party, what if he's not into me?"

"Look he has to be into you ok? I know Kai.. and you're perfect for him,"

Kai?

I should have left. I was sure they were starting to wonder why I was washing my hands for too long.