[1] play the game.

"What now, Karma? You lost the bet. Now you need to play the game. First one to fall in five days time, loses."

"So, who's the lucky target?"

"Nagisa Shiota."

- •°• -

"Bullcrap!" I shouted in frustration, blood trickled on my knuckles after hitting the hard wall.

'Of all people... Why her? Why Nagisa Shiota?"

Yes, why my bestfriend?

But of course, I couldn't possibly tell them that. I have a name to protect. Backing out of the dare would mean cowardice.

But doesn't choosing reputation over friendship also mean cowardice?

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm already hated by everyone. Why would I do something that could endanger my relationship with the one person who cared about me the most? Oh, that's right. I'm doing this to have more than one person to keep.

I closed my eyes as I gasped sharply. I haven't even started yet. But the pain is already excruciating. I could already feel her upcoming misery. I could already picture herself getting further from my grasp.

My tears fell as I realized one thing. If I do this, she'd cry. No, I don't want to see Nagisa crying. I don't want to hurt her...

But bringing misfortune is my lifelong role. I was not Karma Akabane if I do not enjoy watching someone's sorrow. As much as it hurts myself, the view of Nagisa begging is spitefully fulfilling.

I laughed bitterly to myself as a certain thought came over my mind.

I am a horrible person.

- •°• -

Day 1

"Nagi-chan~! Are you free later?"

She tilted her head sideways before gazing at me with suspicion. "You're planning something, aren't you?"

"Eh~ It's just a little scheme, Nagi-chan. No harm done," I flashed a sheepish smile.

'Yes, be yourself, Karma. Keep fooling her with your antics.'

Nagisa showed a little hesitation before sighing, a sign of defeat. "Fine. Be thankful I love you."

I was taken aback by her reply. Surely she didn't mean it, right?

"Hehe, I love you too, Nagi-Nagi! After class at the main gate, okay? Ta-ta!"

Before I took off, I gave a glimpse at our Assassination Classroom, specifically Nagisa being teased by our classmates.

What would they do if they knew what I am planning to do to their princess?

I looked away from the view. It's good to know that Nagisa will have someone to turn to if my plans succeed.

I'm glad.

I'm so glad that my hands itch to punch someone.

I might never admit it, but I know that I was envious. Because those types of attention were the ones I won't ever receive from anyone else aside from Nagisa.