unheard. 『 her side 』

"Pain, pain,
Go away
Come again
Some other day..."

She laughed madly, her eyes mirroring the blinding shine twinkling above her sight, tears started flowing down her cheeks as she sang a mournful tune.

"Little Nagi wants to stay
Even for a single day..."

"Little? Ah! My height! Hmm, now that I remember," she snapped her fingers in recognition. "Karma-kun used to tease about how short I am!"

On cue, a certain memory of a guy with red hair and a trademark smirk flashed in the bluenette's mind.

"Karma-kun?" Pain pierced her aching heart as she let out a sorrowful chuckle. "K-A-R-M-A. What a unique name! Hahaha! Karma-what's his surname again? Akabane? Oh! My best friend, Karma Akabane!

Wait, who was he again? That's weird, I can't move."

Nagisa continued struggling, but it seemed that she was glued to the ground, forcing her to stare at the stars which seemingly were the only things that light up the darkness around her. Not that she complains though. The company of the dark was the only thing that could keep up with her insanity.

"Let's see, Class 3-E? Oh, them." She rolled her eyes, spitting the words like poison. "Should I call them friends? What are friends, anyway? Can I eat them? Let me tell you a fact. They are traitors. Haha! Are they? Or was it me?

Who was I talking about? It's cold, can I have hot coco?"

She fiddled with her fingers, slowly killing her flashbacks mentally. "I loved him for so long! They knew that! Or were they pretending to not know?

Isogai? Screw that class rep! He rooted for someone else! Kayano? She went to find another best friend! Nakamura? All she wanted was a huge scoop! Sugino? Kanzaki? They organized the whole plan! Okuda? She started all this, and ended up winning. Like I was supposed to! Karma? He succumbed! Screw them all! They should just die! Die! Die!"

Her knuckles turned white due to her tight grip, her eyes now blurred with tears that never ceased falling. "Class 3-E? They left me here. Alone. Without even offering me company. Without waving me bye-bye. Without giving me the chance to say how I felt."

Silence embraced the empty space before she suddenly let out a sardonic laugh. "Who would care anyway? After all, they managed to leave me in this...ahh!!! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT CRAZY!"

—•—

"I'M NOT CRAZY! LET ME OUT! HAHAHA!"

Doctors and nurses rushed to the room of the headturner patient from the 20th Ward, who occasionally would have attacks like these at every 13th of March.

People would wonder many things. Like how did she end up in an asylum anyway? Why March 13? What’s with the song? And who was the redheaded man who could be seen watching from a distance? But, just like how the things they've wondered were left unanswered, some things might be better left undiscovered.

Unseen.

Pain, pain,
Go away
Come again
Some other day...

Unheard.

—•—

Signed,
SWEETPAWN