[2] play the game.

Day 3

"Okay then. Bye Nagisa-chan! Enjoy your date with Karma!"

"It's not like that!"

I approached the bluenette, which cheeks' color were flushed red. Looks like someone's teasing my little Nagi.

'Wait, what am I thinking?'

I slapped myself mentally before I overthink worse.

"Nagi, want to stay for a bit?"

She flashed a small smile then nodded. "If you say so."

_

"Let's see, that's Orion, Leo, Aquarius, Cassiopeia, small dipper, what else?"

She really likes stars, huh?

"Nagi-chan, tell me. Why do you love me?"

'Yes, why? It would have been more beneficial to just play with me. But I know you're so serious about this relationship.'

"Should I really answer that, Karma-kun?" Taken aback by her response, I glanced at her. But she was still smiling. "I couldn't really find what's in you that I wanted so much. You're mischeivous, devious, a genius, a prodigy. But none of those was the reason. But if there is one thing I love about you," she placed her chin on her hand. "It might be because you are full of colour."

Silence.

"So please, don't do something that could make those colors fade away."

My vision dimmed as my mind was purely focused on one thing.

'Stop making this harder for me, Nagisa...'

- •°• -

Day 4

"Stop it! You're lying! Karma-kun would never do that to me! Moreover, he wouldn't start a messed up bet with the likes of you!"

'Sh•t. Was that Nagisa?'

I hid behind a nearby pillar, keeping my presence low. I felt my heart beat rapidly. Have I been found out so soon? Will I already lose you this early, Nagi?

I shook my head, trying to shake off the anxiety that was building up in my system and listened. But I know, Sakakibara Ren had already sensed me. And damn, he already knew what to do.

"Oh really now? Then won't you then believe that there's only one more day before the game wears off?"

"Ī e! Watashi wa anata to kangae te i nai de kudasai! Stop talking trash about Karma!" My tears fell as I saw her fell onto her knees, covering her eyes with her palms.

"Remember, Akabane. She's the only one you have."

As Asano's words swirled into my mind, I realized:

I messed up.

And I need to set things right.

_

"You asked for me, Karma-kun?"

I slightly looked away from her gaze. It was glinting with happiness. All the pain that shrouded her emotions a while ago were washed away. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that with just one call from me, she would be more than delighted.

And it hurts to know that with just one sentence,

"Let's... end this."

I could take all that happiness away.

She laughed loudly, but I felt her uneasiness.

"Stop making jokes like that, Karma-kun. They might be funny, but when taken seriously, they're pretty much offensive."

I smirked spitefully, "Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't do this. Not in a way that you would not take me seriously. After all, some jokes are half meant."

"I don't get your point. Please be direct," I flinched as I saw her lips tremble. But this might be the only way.

Between making or breaking her, the latter might be the only solution.

Despicable, aren't I?

"'In the game of Love, the first one to fall, loses.' Sounds familiar, right? Well, in my version, the first one to fall in five days time, loses. Guess what, Nagisa-chan?

You're the lucky target."

'Yes, keep acting like that. You'll definitely lose her.'

I don't know what to do anymore. Sucks to be me, I know.

I saw how Nagisa's smile fell and her blue locks covered her eyes. "So you mean all of the things we did were all just an act? All the things you said, were all fake?"

I held my breath before answering. "Yes."

"I should have known. This is the fourth day, right?" I saw how her tears fell. I saw how she managed to plaster a smile. But it was faint. And it hurts. "And I lost, right?

Good job playing the game, Karma-kun. Curse you for winning."

I saw how she ran to escape. And I felt how she faded from my sight. The pain was excruciating.

"I'm warning you. Don't you dare do anything that could break Shiota."

Too late, Asano. I already did. And believe me, I regret it deeply.

Curse me for winning, huh?

You don't know, Nagisa. You didn't know. And you won't know,

That from the very start, I lost. I lost the game I played.

And I'm truly sorry for that.

But I was already too late.

GAME OVER

- •°• -

SIGNED,
SweetPawn