Chapter One ⸙ The dreaded door

Melinda Bass blew out a puff of air into the autumn night of October. Tonight was the night of all horrors, Halloween. The thirteen-year-old redhead wandered the streets in her Harley Quinn costume all ready for a night of trick-or-treating.

The dark night whispered a promise of danger and subconsciously Melinda felt it vibrating through her tho she wasn't yet fully aware of the terror that would shortly follow her —

A house stood a block away from Melinda but this wasn't any ordinary house. It held a certain ghostly vibe to it, one Melinda knew screamed trouble but everyone seeks trouble or trouble seeks them...

Her feet moved forward almost on their own accord and she found herself standing at the entrance to that very house.

Her fingertips grazed the cold,old and almost brown gate as Melinda pushed forward she stepped into the yard and  a shiver engulfed her

The winds whispered a chilling howl making her wrap the leather jacket closer to her body.

Melinda turn around now!

Did she pay any heed to the logically safe side? Of course not. She couldn't.

The dark night and inviting house screeched for her and so Melinda obeyed. One step then two eventually leading her to the porch steps and at the door.

The house,chilling and eerie with its wooden exterior coated a sickening brown and coal black held a certain fascination to the outside world or should I say victim?

One that lures you in and leads you straight to your never ending torture but Melinda oblivious of the lethal trap, knocked onto the door. She took one look back and found the street strangely void of humans.

Every fiber in her body told Melinda to bolt,to run... but it felt like the red head's mind didn't wish to obey her. Instead she felt the energy of the house holding her in place,pulling the girl in and preventing her from being sensible to leave. It was as if Melinda was brainwashed and controlled to walk over to her own doom.

The door creaked open and a figure smiled warmly, an old woman stood with a packet of candy ʻʻWelcome,dearʼʼ

Melinda swore she found a menacing grin peak through the old lady's welcoming smile.

Too late now...

•|•|•

x - © Adeela J

x - © Adeela J