Chapter Two ⸙ The dreaded hold

A forced smile was on the redhead's face and she parted her lips to speak ʻʻHi, trick or treat?ʼʼ

The teen jutted her bag forward and the wind pulled at her hair,earning another tremble from Melinda.

Whispers seemed to be carried along with each passing breeze...

Run!
No one can leave...
Trapped!
Save your soul...

The girl shook her head and the voices ceased but a wail followed after, one that bled into her eardrums. One similar to the cry of a banshee.

Melinda's eyes shot wide open and she drew in a sharp intake of air like a breathless soul.

When did I close my eyes? And when did the grandma fill my bag?

Fear covered her face but Melinda thanked the lady and turned around ready to bolt from the spooky house.

Her bones trembled and her throat felt dry. No matter how hard she wrapped the jacket closer to her Melinda felt an insatiable cold,deep within.

A freezing hand caught onto the girl's arm. So cold Melinda felt it through her jacket. The grip was like a death hold but the owner seemed frail and ghostly pale. ʻʻLet me goʼʼ She tugged her arm, looking back at the woman.

ʻʻNot so fast,dearʼʼ She croaked, her overgrown nails digging into Melinda's arm. A sinister grin crept onto the old women's lips. Melinda's eyes widened as panic struck her. . .

•|•|•

x - © Adee

x - © Adee