Chapter Fourteen.

I stood in the middle of the empty room, visualizing patterns and colors to go on the blank walls. It's my room of the newly built Pack House, and I had no idea what to do with it. Being the Alpha's son, I got one of the largest rooms, but I gave it to my buddy, Mason. He's six years old with fluffy white hair and big blue eyes. It took a while to convince his dad, Ralph, that it was okay, but he finally agreed and the look on little Mason's face was priceless.

"I'm no good at crap like this," I muttered just as Eve walked in. She crossed her paint-splattered arms across her chest, a pretty smirk plastered on her face. 

"I'm farther along than you are, and I'm the newbie!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air. "I keep changing idea's though, and I think I'm going to run out of white paint."

"Why are you using so much white paint?" I questioned her.

"To cover up what I don't like," Sketch said in her signature 'duh' voice. I rolled my eyes at her. I opened my mouth to give her a snide remark, but Ebony and Ivory came bouncing in before I had the chance.

"Are you ever coming back?" Ivory giggled, her mouth popping open at the sight of my empty room. "Dude, you've got work to do." She clicked her tongue with a smile.

I grinned at her. "You mean that you're not even working on your room?" I asked Sketch.

"Nope." Sketch popped the 'p'. "I've been helping these princesses. They have adjoining rooms, you know." Her matter-of-fact tone made my smile widen.

After that night in the woods, Eve and the twins became really close. They love her to death, and we haven't had a minute to ourselves since we got home.

"I do know. I helped plan this whole house."

"This is not a house," Ebony declared. "This is a mansion." Ivory nodded, her long blond ponytail bobbing.

It was true. The Pack House was ginormous. It was made to fit the ever growing Shade Pack, and the forest where it was nestled was such a deserted place, we could knock down trees whenever we needed more room. With only thirty in the pack, we're rather small, but we all like our space. Only four of us are mate-less, and besides Lance, who's seventeen, they're all around their early twenties.

The house is all brick and three stories high. On the first floor, we have a huge den full of love seats and comfortable couches for the pack to rest in between runs. There isn't a television, we don't have cable out here in the middle of no where, and Alpha doesn't want us to turn into couch potatoes anyway. Adjoined with the living room is the biggest kitchen I've ever seen. Most of the women cook, and with thirty wolves to feed, the kitchen is probably the most often used room in the entire house. With two ovens, two dishwashers, and two walls devoted completely to cabinetry, I don't know how the kitchen is always so clean.

Up a flight of fifteen hardwood stairs is where the master bedrooms are located. Every married couple has their own room, that's six master bedrooms and bathrooms. Every master room is the same, very large with plain white walls and dark cherry wood flooring. The couples are free to do whatever they wish with the decorating. On the largest wall, there is ceiling to floor french doors, opening to a little widow's walk; this was my mother's idea.

A pretty, dark metal spiral staircase leads to the final floor. This is where the mated, but not married, couples, the married couples children, and the mate-less stay. All of these rooms were designed specifically to the occupants desires. I gave my spacious room to Mason because Eve's small, caddy-cornered room was on the other side of the house, and I did not want to be so far away from my mate. Plus, Mason's mother, Jessa, is due with twins in a few months, and I figured they could use the space.